Skipday09

Hi Skip,

If you're on a tight budget, then getting the springs/dampers from a MGZS is a cheap and effective way to stiffen the suspension and also drop the height slightly. You will need to mod the front forks slightly (Give Noodels (Andrew) on here a shout as he has great knowledge on this) If you had an mb6, you'd need to use the rear ARB drop links from the MGZS too, but as your 1.6 doesn't have the rear ARB you won't need them. However, the rear arb is also a good mod and improves handling too.

If you have a bit more money to spend, KONI do a kit for the mb6/mc2 so i assume they also do the same for the 1.6 too.

If your budget is bigger still, MeisterR do a fully adjustable coilover suspension designed for our Civic M's. They are also one of our sponsors/traders so will be able to give you plenty of help and advice.

I have bought the MeisterR coilovers for the MB6 (aka Ruby) that I had and then bought them for my Aerodeck 1.6 (aka DD). They are a great bit of kit, although I'm now thinking about going back to standard OEM suspension as the deck was originally being kept as a show car only but is now my daily so I prefer a bit more height to make her more practical.

So basically all depends on your budget mate. 8-)

Dave

Yes, the MGZS springs are already a tad lower than ours. Simon (Dr Broon) aerodeck has them fitted along with 17'rims and looks cool. Think Toms (Unicyclyingtom) Aerodeck also had the same set up.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, Dave said:

Yes, the MGZS springs are already a tad lower than ours. Simon (Dr Broon) aerodeck has them fitted along with 17'rims and looks cool. Think Toms (Unicyclyingtom) Aerodeck also had the same set up.

Mine's on eibach springs and koni shocks :wink:

You're right about Tom though. 

• Like 1