Rear caliper bearings

dr_broon

Question

So I'm getting my calipers refurbished by a local chap who normally does Jag brakes. He's hit a bit of a brick wall with the rears, as it seems that whoever reconditioned them last used some sort of plastic sleeve instead of the needle bearings for the handbrake mechanism, which has now disintegrated (probably due to the heat of a siezed handbrake.....). 

Now, honda don't seem to sell (or even list a part number) for the needle roller bearings, and trawling through the Internet seems to confirm this. 

What I'm trying to find out is what is used when calipers are remanufactured - any chance that anyone knows? 

I've seen on a forum in America that someone found a brass sleeve in their remanufactured ones for a teg. 

Obviously why they don't tend to last as long as the original ones. 

IMG_20200130_124414.jpg

Arrived yesterday, dropped them off last night, and after some mild grinding of the caliper to clean up the chamber, it fitted like a glove applause.gif1

Massive props to @shebabby for pointing me in the right direction on ebay.

For anyone else in Internet land who needs needle roller bearings with a hole for honda brake caliper handbrake mechanisms, you need 

7E-HKS BA1012 Needle Roller Bearing with Hole 15.875x20.638x19.05mm

I got mine from the seller named cardiff-deals

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202541737100

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dr_broon said:

So I'm getting my calipers refurbished by a local chap who normally does Jag brakes. He's hit a bit of a brick wall with the rears, as it seems that whoever reconditioned them last used some sort of plastic sleeve instead of the needle bearings for the handbrake mechanism, which has now disintegrated (probably due to the heat of a siezed handbrake.....). 

Now, honda don't seem to sell (or even list a part number) for the needle roller bearings, and trawling through the Internet seems to confirm this. 

What I'm trying to find out is what is used when calipers are remanufactured - any chance that anyone knows? 

I've seen on a forum in America that someone found a brass sleeve in their remanufactured ones for a teg. 

Obviously why they don't tend to last as long as the original ones. 

Im doing mine at the moment lol 

could you not use a piece of brass plate and bend it around the pin to shape it. It’s not a proper fix but will last alot longer than plastic mate 

• Like 1

Positive sign is I've just came across a thread via a picture on Google pics, which references the same sizes for brake calipers on a Nissan 300z

https://z31performance.com/forum/z31-repairs-forums/engine-mechanical/8685-rear-caliper-e-brake-bearing-fixed-updated-pics

• Like 1