frunkster

SOLD: VTI Aerodeck 1k SOLD PENDING PAYMENT - Many thanks

SOLD & collected Many thanks, just a shame she'll be broken down for parts cry.gif1

For sale my trusty old Civic 1.8VTI VTEC MB6 - 1k no offers for sale for 1 week only as I have a firm offer of £550 & I can keep my full stainless exhaust & the stereo 

Below are mulitple photos & a full honest list of the good & the bad points - any inspection is welcome

I am located in Mynytho Pwllheli North Wales on the Lleyn peninsular 

Honda Civic Aerodeck 1.8VTI VTEC

THE GOOD POINTS -

MB6 Engin with limited slip diff 169BHP

It's in Dakota Bronze & I think the only 1.8 Areodeck in that colour in the UK

Engine & box good, pulls like a train through all gears & tops out at 140

Starts 1st time every time & has never let me down once in the 7 years I have owned it

Both rear arches & both sills re-built 6 months ago to a high standard

Half leather interior.

Cam belt done at 155000 – currently at 172000

New alternator belt just fitted & alternator replaced

Oil & filter changed every 4k & has always been run with liquid moly oil

Both front light lenses just buffed out 6 months ago

Spare has full tread

Secondary earth strap fitted

All 4 tyres have decent tread

New rear discs & pads fitted last year

Everything works as it should including all electrics & windows

No peeling on any of the door cards

Good quality rear shocks

Ignition barrel replaced & has 2 new coded keys cut

Paperwork all in order & V5 present

MOT'd till August

Sony stereo fitted

Full stainless exhaust system custom built & new cat fitted end of 2018

New HT leads fitted last year

Heavy duty tow-bar fitted with single socket electrics

Front driver side wing has been recently resprayed professionally

Has been de-badged

Has almost a full tank of petrol

THE BAD POINTS -

Has the usual leak to spare wheel well

Needs welding done to rear trailing arm points on both sides & a spot doing at the front just behind the wheels the front is minor & an easy fix, the rear will need the trailing arms stripping off for access to do the work.

Needs new front discs & pads

Air con not working & radiator removed.

Has been used as a family car so is not mint inside, but acceptable

Window bottom door trims are cracked & peeling like all of them

The paint lacquer is delaminating & is bad on the bonnet

Bonnet grill has a split at the bottom on the surround

IMGP0006.JPG

IMGP0007.JPG

IMGP0016.JPG

IMGP0018.JPG

IMGP0019.JPG

IMGP0020.JPG

IMGP0021.JPG

IMGP0022.JPG

IMGP0023.JPG

IMGP0024.JPG

IMGP0025.JPG

IMGP0026.JPG

IMGP0027.JPG

IMGP0028.JPG

IMGP0030.JPG

IMGP0031.JPG

IMGP0032.JPG

IMGP0033.JPG

IMGP0034.JPG

IMGP0035.JPG

IMGP0036.JPG

IMGP0038.JPG

IMGP0039.JPG

IMGP0040.JPG

IMGP0042.JPG

IMGP0043.JPG

IMGP0044.JPG

IMGP0045.JPG

IMGP0046.JPG

IMGP0047.JPG

IMGP0048.JPG

IMGP0050.JPG

• Like 2

I saw it on Facebook breaking

Should be being collected on Saturday or Monday at the latest from what I know, I am getting £600 + I get to keep my custom exhaust & stereo, will try to wangle my tow bar too if I'm lucky, as I really want to have anoher in future, I have the little 1.5 aerodeck to tide me over but it's not like having the grunt under the bonnet is it.

I am pretty mortified she has to go, but I spent what I had available just last summer getting the sills & rear arch boxes totally rebuit, wish I had clocked the corrosion to the rear trailing are point at the time, I just don't have the funds needed to put her back the way she needs to be sadly as the welding is a fair size job & my welder friend is a few hundered miles from me & not really set up for a job like this as the trailing arms need to come off to get at the connection points, then everything has to be exact when locating the connecting points (on the inside of the frame) & the guys where I am at & are set up for this kind of thing would be charging more than she's actually worth, as I am at the a*s end of nowhere & the welders here charge the earth :( 

I did put it up on the local FB groups to me (North Wales) but not for breaking, it's a crying shame as although she's not perfect, everything works & she still looks ok to me & pulls like a train

• Sad 1

This guy buying it?

It is a shame. Lovely colour looks great just getting old arnt they. If it wasnt rust it'd be something else.

Screenshot_20200206_224517_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

This guy buying it?

It is a shame. Lovely colour looks great just getting old arnt they. If it wasnt rust it'd be something else.

Screenshot_20200206_224517_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Yeah it's Saj that buying it, bloody cheeky putting it up for sale before it's in hand though really, I appreciate you posted that up kink, I will go take a look on there now.

EDIT: - yeah it's a very rare colour, not seen another 1.8 areodeck in this colour in the UK, I love her dearly, bloody breaking my heart letting her go, but the work needed is a little extensive for me to try myself & too costly to get done in the part of the country I'm in.

Had a lot of fun with her so should not grumble, but after getting all the welding done last year I figured we'd share a few more years of fun together, I don't want other cars, many lust after this & that fancy modern one's but I'd be happy with an arerodeck till I die TBH 

Edited by frunkster
addition
  • Like 1

if you're not in a rush hold out for more, you should be able to get £800 for that easy if not a grand! 

• Like 1

The engine and gearbox are probably worth £600+

• Like 1

appreciate the advice guys, I figure the 600 is fair enough really as th exhaust is worth near 200 to me as it's a full stainles custom build, plus the stereo which is a few quid so a return of 800ish in reality as when/if I'm lucky enough to find another one down the line I have my parts to put straight on, if I can wangle to tow bar too I'm happy enough, though sad to see her go obviously

Is really sad mate as the bronze is a very rare colour on the aerodecks, and looks awesome. Just a pitty about the welding needed really. Thing that annoys me is that if it was an ek4 vti it would be up for stupid money and with a band of people offering said stupid amount of money. Is an ek4 worth more? Nope. Is it a better car? Nope, mb6/mc2 has more power, more equipment and isnt as prone to rust as the 3 doors. Only reason a 3 door is worth more is dumb ass scene tax! The day will come thought where ek4's are laughed at and broken for spares same as our civic M's.

Wouldn't mind that rear lip though as mine for the deck got knicked from my back garden years ago!

• Like 1

Yeah crazy what some will pay for what is essentially less Dave, I can drop you the number of the buyer if you want to ask him about the rear lip mate.

If I could find someone to do the work needed to her without shelling both kidneys in the process I would love to keep her, sadly I'm not a man of huge means & have to be realistic no matter how much it hurts & sucks, I live on a peninsular so the salt in the air does not help the rust, had to have my bike totally rebuit after only a few years here due to it

• Like 1

Engine and box will sell for grand easy.

• Like 1

Yep I figured engine & box were woth £850 to 1k so just put it up at 1k, nobody jumped on it & after making the decision I have to let her go I really just want her gone, as every time I look at her I want to put her right & just ain't got the funds to justify the work/cost Kink, just be nice to see her put right rather than torn apart, especially with it being such a rare colour & the bodywork being in generally good order.

• Like 1

Well she went last night, felt so wrong watching someone else driving her, more so knowing it's away for good :cry: 

But there is a glimmer of hope, guy who took it usualy takes & breaks, seems he was quite impressed with the old girl & has decided too drive her about for a bit, even going to look into the welding & see if it can be put right without breaking the bank, so I am rather chuffed to know she's not being torn apart, said he's quite taken with the colour & how solid she is in general & the best news is if she can be rebuilt for a fair price I may have the oppertunity to buy her back later, so there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, frunkster said:

Well she went last night, felt so wrong watching someone else driving her, more so knowing it's away for good :cry: 

But there is a glimmer of hope, guy who took it usualy takes & breaks, seems he was quite impressed with the old girl & has decided too drive her about for a bit, even going to look into the welding & see if it can be put right without breaking the bank, so I am rather chuffed to know she's not being torn apart, said he's quite taken with the colour & how solid she is in general & the best news is if she can be rebuilt for a fair price I may have the opportunity to buy her back later, so there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

It does pull the heart strings mate watching them being driven away. Know how I felt watching Ruby being driven away (and I did it twice, just to have that horrible feeling twice!lol) It sounds promising though!

• Like 1

Yeah it's harrowing watching them go, not felt quite this connected to a vehicle since I let my TRZ250 go as a kid, been driving decks for over 10 years now, just very happy to know she's not being trashed for parts & there's a glimmer of hope she'll be put back 100% & keeps rolling for a few years, getting her back would obviously feel even better. 

• Like 2