SOLD: VTI Aerodeck 1k SOLD PENDING PAYMENT - Many thanks

frunkster

appreciate the advice guys, I figure the 600 is fair enough really as th exhaust is worth near 200 to me as it's a full stainles custom build, plus the stereo which is a few quid so a return of 800ish in reality as when/if I'm lucky enough to find another one down the line I have my parts to put straight on, if I can wangle to tow bar too I'm happy enough, though sad to see her go obviously

Is really sad mate as the bronze is a very rare colour on the aerodecks, and looks awesome. Just a pitty about the welding needed really. Thing that annoys me is that if it was an ek4 vti it would be up for stupid money and with a band of people offering said stupid amount of money. Is an ek4 worth more? Nope. Is it a better car? Nope, mb6/mc2 has more power, more equipment and isnt as prone to rust as the 3 doors. Only reason a 3 door is worth more is dumb ass scene tax! The day will come thought where ek4's are laughed at and broken for spares same as our civic M's.

Wouldn't mind that rear lip though as mine for the deck got knicked from my back garden years ago!

• Like 1

Yeah crazy what some will pay for what is essentially less Dave, I can drop you the number of the buyer if you want to ask him about the rear lip mate.

If I could find someone to do the work needed to her without shelling both kidneys in the process I would love to keep her, sadly I'm not a man of huge means & have to be realistic no matter how much it hurts & sucks, I live on a peninsular so the salt in the air does not help the rust, had to have my bike totally rebuit after only a few years here due to it

• Like 1

Yep I figured engine & box were woth £850 to 1k so just put it up at 1k, nobody jumped on it & after making the decision I have to let her go I really just want her gone, as every time I look at her I want to put her right & just ain't got the funds to justify the work/cost Kink, just be nice to see her put right rather than torn apart, especially with it being such a rare colour & the bodywork being in generally good order.

• Like 1

Well she went last night, felt so wrong watching someone else driving her, more so knowing it's away for good :cry: 

But there is a glimmer of hope, guy who took it usualy takes & breaks, seems he was quite impressed with the old girl & has decided too drive her about for a bit, even going to look into the welding & see if it can be put right without breaking the bank, so I am rather chuffed to know she's not being torn apart, said he's quite taken with the colour & how solid she is in general & the best news is if she can be rebuilt for a fair price I may have the oppertunity to buy her back later, so there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, frunkster said:

Well she went last night, felt so wrong watching someone else driving her, more so knowing it's away for good :cry: 

But there is a glimmer of hope, guy who took it usualy takes & breaks, seems he was quite impressed with the old girl & has decided too drive her about for a bit, even going to look into the welding & see if it can be put right without breaking the bank, so I am rather chuffed to know she's not being torn apart, said he's quite taken with the colour & how solid she is in general & the best news is if she can be rebuilt for a fair price I may have the opportunity to buy her back later, so there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

It does pull the heart strings mate watching them being driven away. Know how I felt watching Ruby being driven away (and I did it twice, just to have that horrible feeling twice!lol) It sounds promising though!

• Like 1

Yeah it's harrowing watching them go, not felt quite this connected to a vehicle since I let my TRZ250 go as a kid, been driving decks for over 10 years now, just very happy to know she's not being trashed for parts & there's a glimmer of hope she'll be put back 100% & keeps rolling for a few years, getting her back would obviously feel even better. 

• Like 2