Headlight bulb options...

snakey135

What lighting options out there are best, obviously to go in my projectors... currently got 6000 HID bulbs which the light output is good but light distance isn’t great... just wondered what routes others have gone down? And am I likely to get them any better or not?

• Like 1

Not too sure with the projectors tbh mate as never had projectors on any of my cars. Think it will go the same as for standard lights though and be brand dictated. I've had loads of different bulbs by different manufacturers, but think the best I've had are the night breakers by Osram. Not sure if Osram do projector bulbs, worth a look?

The other thing is obviously on our oem lights the spread/distance is governed by the plastic lense pattern, but with your custom lights where the lense is removed the it's the projector itself that dictates the range/spread/beam pattern. Maybe some projectors have better distance than others? But to swap the projector over for other ones would I imagine be either a non go or a huge pain?

Yeah I guess that makes sense, about the distance being governed by the projector itself. Might even be due to the fact my HIDS are cheap Ebay buys, don’t want too spend big bucks on top HID bulbs and ballasts for them to not make a difference though. I guess it’s all about trying out different options, taking risks and seeing what works.

• Like 1

Yeah, deffo think the projector itself will be the big governing factor in this. As Simon says, be a good idea from the guys who make these lights see if they can help.

What about taking an OEM headlight with hid. And cutting it out and mounting it?

The headlights on our ford (sorry get a bit of sick in my mouth saying that) they for example are super bright and travel.

Thinking there proven rather than trying to make random bits work

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

What about taking an OEM headlight with hid. And cutting it out and mounting it?

The headlights on our ford (sorry get a bit of sick in my mouth saying that) they for example are super bright and travel.

Thinking there proven rather than trying to make random bits work

Now that sounds like a cracking idea!