Depends if you want standard or poly bushes.

I've not long fitted some. Search on eBay for  "PSB bush honda" we easy to fit and. Quality is good.

Or there are the standard style which I would either buy genuine Honda or hardrace as the knock off parts fail between MOTs. 

Window regs. I have a spare but I want hang onto it for obvious reasons. They always break.

But I expect the rover one will fit. Probably have to re plug it to fit honda wiring thou.

Otherwise buy from a breaker?

Nice to know your enjoying the car and looking after it. :)

• Like 2

As for the Rimmerbros parts at different prices, I've noticed before that they list genuine rover parts, and pattern parts - could be the reason for the difference in price? 

As Jake says, the electrical connector will probably be different. I had to swap the connector when I use a rover windscreen wiper motor. 

Some tasty numbers in the background of that pic but the way :x

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your Mrs losing her job mate, never a good time for that to happen but even more so under the current covid circumstances. Something will turn up though, it always does :wink:. Glad you're enjoying the deck, really are amazing cars ain't they! I need to get the trailing bushes done on DD as they're well past their best.

Good to see you taking care of her mate as these cars are getting rarer and hard to find good ones now. They're already getting into modern classic car territory so great to see yours being well looked after.

Obviously won't be this year but would be great to get a massive civic5 meet organized for next year once things return to some kind of normality. Would love to see this and a .ot of the other members civics in the metal!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Annnnd the s**t luck of 2020 continues unabated; genuinely a few days after posting the last update, I went North to see a couple of mates I hadn't seen in ages...and got rear ended on the M1. Depending on how you want to look at it, fortunately I was in the Prelude...however, I'm now in a battle with the insurance company after they wrote it off because of a bent rear bumper, proceeded to undervalue it and are now refusing to budge on their valuation. To make matters worse, I had a random phone call from the chap who bought it as a Cat N asking for the service history folder. I asked him how much he'd paid for it as is, and transpires he'd stumped up more than a grand on top of what I got as a payout despite it having one key, no SH, and somehow no rear bumper and therefore no Motegi lip either.

But anyway, cheers for the tip on the PSB bushes Kink - ordered them the other month, and they turned up two days later! Still haven't fitted them mind, but they're here at least!

Cheers Broon - can't lay claim to anything behind my shed, but of the two, the yellow one is genuinely more fun :D 

And thanks for the kind words Dave - thankfully she has found a driving job at the minute with a car auction place and has talked her way in to sourcing a wind regulator for me from the piles of 'scrapped' cars out back... every cloud and all that!

Hadn't really done much to this of late as I had been swanning around in other cars from work again, but the other night after a particularly crap conversation with the insurers, I had a proper 'f**k it' moment so bought a set of DC2 wheels, replacement stickers for the rear doors, new BT headunit, new gearknob and a few other bits for it from eBay...had wanted to fit the wheels and play with the ride height over the weekend, but the weather was appalling so they're still wrapped up in the hallway. Nothing revolutionary, but will hopefully update with pics later this week!

• Like 2

Mate. Hope that you were okay after the bash! Shame that the prelude got written off though - worries me how easy it is for cars to be cast aside by the insurance companies. 

The new goodies for the civic should be good 8-)

On 11/17/2020 at 6:33 AM, dr_broon said:

Mate. Hope that you were okay after the bash! Shame that the prelude got written off though - worries me how easy it is for cars to be cast aside by the insurance companies. 

The new goodies for the civic should be good 8-)

Yeah, all good thanks. Shoulder is giving me grief but having physio for it...so can't complain too much on that front. I don't think?

I was genuinely surprised when they wrote it off, the external damage wasn't that bad but it had shifted the boot floor slightly and I think that's what ultimately killed it. Ombudsman have been in touch this morning though, and things are moving on that front so hopefully something good will come of it yet!

And managed to get the wheels on yesterday after a good couple of hours spent trying to unseize the eBay coilovers... gave up in the end as the top adjustable plate on all four corners was nigh on impossible to move in either direction, but have managed to raise the rear. Slightly. Think it's about five mil higher...if that. Still sits absolutely horrifically, looking like it's dragging its arse, but the wheels I'm in love with; 

50616839372_c86f959991_b.jpg50616773247_c98a07bb60_b.jpg

50616664186_d5914761f3_b.jpg

Front end needs to come down, and the rear up a bit more and I'll be happy! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers Kink, love the wheels too - and they were a bit of a bargain. Missed out on two sets on eBay that were less than £200 but they needed refurbs, were on crap rubber and miles away. Then these popped up, recently refurbed, on AD08RS's that were practically new, and all of ten miles from my front door for not much more. Worked out as a bit of a result in the end - for once!

Bit of an update on this as three tins of WD40, a crowbar and an afternoon whacking the adjuster plates on the front coilovers seemed to have freed them enough to make adjustments...so it's no longer sitting like s**t! Hurray etc...

50809868422_213ea78a24_b.jpg

50809865697_c87f168aa2_b.jpg

50809736781_3903551b32_b.jpg

Also had a new boss kit shipped for the wheel. Turns out that the spline in mine is a '98 DC2 spec, not the EG/96' DC2 spec... who knew?! Either way, the Nardi's on there now, and I'm not sure if I like it! Going to get the original repaired and modified by Royale as I'm not as comfortable driving around without an airbag as I was at 18... Sodding SRS light has stayed on as well, despite the resistor being fitted, so need to address that at the weekend.

50808993588_edba3dfb8c_b.jpg

Fitted a gear shift extender as a bit of trial, as I want one of the K-tuned extended shifters and this seemed like a good, cheap way of trying the higher height. Honestly think it's one of the best things I've done to the car! Have also fitted a BT headunit so I can listen to more than 14 songs at a time, and decked the rear out for the dog with a waterproof 'hammock' seat protector as I was sick of the other half 'borrowing' the car and leaving the rear bench covered in hair, mud and sand...

50808897563_d43e7f9eee_b.jpg

50809639541_f16e4571b0_b.jpg

And that's where I'm currently at with it...annoyingly, and somewhat crushingly there appears to be some bubbling at the top of the c-pillar under where the roofbars fit the body. Only mild at the minute, but desperately need to get this in to the bodyshop for a proper opinion as the boot lid is starting to go in a small spot where the number plate recess is too. Boot I can handle, but really, really hoping the pillar is just paint related and isn't terminal - but the way my luck's been of late, I'm not overly optimistic :( 

• Like 2

Some really nice additions there John. I'm the same with regards the steering wheel..........never bothered me when i was young but now I always seem to think more on the safety aspect rather than the look. When we first got Mindy our mk1 mx5, I was like "yeeeees! No airbag, can fit what I like to her!". but to be honest, I'm so wary driving her having no airbags at all (not even a passenger one).  Think it was after owning the FN1 and FN2 civics (TypeS and TypeR) that made me realize just how much safer the newer cars are now. Both my MINI and the two FN Civics had drivers, passengers, rear passengers and side airbags. Never thought I'd see the day where I would like a car that has so many airbags, but with our roads so full nowadays and the driving standards of a lot of drivers well below par, I like to feels safe should some twat decide to crash into us! Had a near miss with the mx5 around October last year where Me and the cars in front had all slowed down to 30mph as we entered a village (having just came out of a 60mph limit).........young girl in a clio sport came tanking up behind me doing what I think was around 70, and failed to noticed we'd all slowed to the 30 limit. She yanked the steering to avoid hitting the back of me (missed by no more than an inch!) then hit the brakes and went into a full broadside skid past me, round a traffic island the wrong side (still going sideways!) then car straightened up and she almost ran into the rear of the van that was in front of me! I have never had a shock like it, and made me instantly think that if she had hit me, at that speed, in the mx5, then i wouldn't be here now. Didnt drive the car again for a week, and actually thought about selling it!. So totally get what you say about the airbag mate!

I had a look at the very head unit you fitted too, as they are quite cool. I'm still going ahead with the double din conversion (I like a challenge! lol) but if that fails then will probably end up getting one of those.

Glad you got the suspension freed off as shes sitting much better now, no more dragging her bum lol applause.gif1

Loving this deck, really has become one of my favourites in the club!

• Like 1