Suspension advise

SaTaNeAtChEeSe

I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me on something. I bought some cheep Maxpeeding Rod coilovers for my Wagon due needing new shocks. After doing a little research I got a set meant for a EG thinking they would be the right ones but it turned out that they were too short in the rear so I maxed out their length and just dealt with them. Unsurprisingly, they have now started to leak in the rear. Thing is, I want to replace them with a more sport type shock and spring package instead of a coilover thinking this would be a cheaper option but I can't find anything cheapish and readily available. I've tried looking for MG shocks but I can't find any that guarantee me a stiffer setup and trying to find lowering springs on Fleebay is a bit muddling as they say they are meant for an Aerodeck but don't list them in their info ("These fir your car" scenario). I've also had the same with websites other than Fleebay i  regards to finding definitive information.

Are Aerodeck shocks different or did I read something wrong and EG coilover are shorter than other models of Civic?

I use to own a MK3 Golf estate and rear shocks were completely different to their hatchback versions in length and build so is this the same-ish for Aerodecks?

I think the deck does have different suspension - certainly the eibach springs I've just bought are listed only for the deck. 

Can't remember about the shocks though. Mine are koni and I did look for them recently but couldn't find them anymore.. Have a feeling that they're specific for the deck though. 

IMG_20200413_084139_20200413084314203.jpg

The leaking won't be due to them being wound up. 

Maxspeedingords coilovers are cheap and are renowned for leaking after a few months. The internet is full of people moaning about them leaking.

For some years I ran eg coilover on my mb6 rears were maxed out but still sat low. 

Fronts had a lot more adjustment. But always worked and handled just fine. 

I would LOVE Meister coilovers but I can't justify the spend (what I really mean is a can't persuade the wife...). I assume the same would be for EK and DC coilover on the rear of a Aerodeck aswell? Not long enough.

Tein street advance can be had for reasonable money. 

That would be the best price/quality imo.

Eg/el yeah gonna be low at the back. But depends how you want it to look 

Just now, SaTaNeAtChEeSe said:

Not low XD

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Tein street advance can be had for reasonable money. 

That would be the best price/quality imo.

Eg/el yeah gonna be low at the back. But depends how you want it to look 

4 hours ago, SaTaNeAtChEeSe said:

I would LOVE Meister coilovers but I can't justify the spend (what I really mean is a can't persuade the wife...). I assume the same would be for EK and DC coilover on the rear of a Aerodeck aswell? Not long enough.

@Dave was selling some Meisters recently.. Not sure if he shifted them. 

• Like 2