Interesting read

dr_broon

I like him! He thinks exactly the same way as us! 8-) Good read and good valid points although there are counter points to those as well which is only to be expected. Think the main point being that our cars still need oil/petrol to run, where as these "EV"'s (sorry, I can't bring myself to call them "cars") mean a reduction in fossil fuels/resources, but not a total reduction as factories producing these ev's still need fossil fuels to run and make the parts. 

But on the front of petrol/diesel cars, he is totally on point. An old modern classic can do the job of a daily almost as well (sometimes on par even) the only let down being fuel economy and safety. But surely if everyone was driving cars which weren't as safe and csoy as new ones, they would drive more carefully, therefore reducing fatalities through accidents? Its a minefield I tell you! lol

Really enjoyed that read, and hope more people choose to save/use modern classics than buy new cars.

• Like 1

That's a nice read. 

I've said for a long time. I believe keeping an older car on the road is far less poluting than keep producing new motors yet seem to get penalised for it. And I'd imagine the EVs batteries are horrific then comes the disposal later on.

• Like 1

Exactly as they have little or no way of disposing off them.......and they cost so much to replace these EV's will either be scrapped or written off come battery replacement time. So 6, maybe 7 years out of your brand new EV (which probably cost at least 23 grand upwards) means wasting money......and as said above, when you work out the pollution to make against the life of the car....it makes no sense!

Big up the modern classics I say!