rickybeau

5 hours ago, rickybeau said:

Hi folks everyone deconfined and happier? :)

I want to ask which type of gasoline was recommended by Honda at the time the car was put together...i wonder if its 95 octane or 98... or doesnt hurt using any of these?

Another thing, please tell me the weight of the aerodeck.

thanks in advance.

Peace out. 

Hi Mate. Unfortunately we're still confined here with lock down, so very very fed up with it! cry.gif1  

Fuel wise, it's 95 octane that these were recommended to run on, but using 98 octane won't do any harm (might give marginal more performance, although emissions may be higher). Not sure how this new fuel that is being introduced here in the UK will affect them though (Named E10) which has a higher concentrate of Ethanol in it. This has been proven to react badly with the rubber gaskets/rubber fuel lines in older cars, but think ours might be ok. They have been using it in the USA for years and cars such as the mk1 MX5's seem to have been ok so as these are from the same era as our civics we hopefully should be fine.

Weight wise, the Aerodeck weighs 1120 Kg / 2469 lbs (approx and depending on what engine fitted)

Hope this helps

Dave

• Thanks 1

Dave yes it helped enlightenment wise thanks

sorry for mention the somewhat liberty we now enjoy in Portugal forgetting completely the majority of people here are from Britain... my bad!but then you will be there soon!

Never heard about that new fuel, i believe in Portugal we don't have it but i can be wrong, maybe its from the American market and has been imported?just a guess 

Just bought an si oem front splitter or skirt not sure wich is correct , just to find out it needs some kind of special clips or screws that i wasn't aware of and i dont even know what to look for cause i have no ideia how they are. Already tried to google and ebay it, but again i dont know what i really need so its a bummer to find hehe.

Any help in enlighten me about those elusive clips is much appreciated.

be safe, be gentle

peace out

The trim clips come as a kit from Honda. Not sure if they are still available mate, most likely discontinued. I've got a trim kit in the garage in its original packaging so will have a look for a part number for you. Got it for the rear lip but some low life stole the lip from my rear garden! 

• Sad 1