A hybrid 4wd aerodeck... That's what

dr_broon

Was just reading this on top gear. Think that this sort of product is going to be more common.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/what-would-you-do-107bhp-crate-electric-motor

I bet ecu modification suddenly becomes more complicated though... Especially if you want a motor for each rear wheel applause.gif1

• Like 2

Much as I hate EV's I'm all for hybrids and think hybrids ARE the way forward. Would even consider this for DD, but at that price and needing one for each rear wheel, the price would by far outweigh it being economically viable.Plus you need sva to re-class the vehicle, lots of hoops and red tape to jump through I think.

• Like 2

True but a step in the right direction. I recon one day our "future classics" or whatever may have to get involved with electric revolution. I fear we are going to get heavily penalised on tax and fuel eventually

• Like 2

Yeah, I think that the choices and prices will get better as they scale up. Even with one you'd have enough power for pootelling around town. 

The change from electric silence to roaring vtec would be amusing :-D

• Haha 1