Emily, my 1997 turbo NAFL MX-5

Gamrin

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Liking those braces, be really interesting to see what difference they make once she's on the road.

I've actually been able to do a couple of trips with the braces on, and you feel it so-ridiculously-much.

The car used to flex like a mad man, but now It's so stiff that I almost tripod when I'm rolling off my driveway. I can recommend it to everyone with an MX-5. 
I still have to put the connecting piece for the Butterfly-Brace on, as I wasn't sure if that was supposed to stick out that much (spoiler alert, it does. Skidnation has it on the website with a bit of poke.).

Hoping to get some more mods done this week, and I hope the rest of the parts come in soon.

And now to keep myself accountable and motivated...
Planned mods in semi-short term, and their current troubles:

• That last dang brake caliper (1hr)
  • Fuel pressure regulator and hoses (1hr)
    • waiting on hose ~2 weeks
  • Intake Tube & smaller K&N pod filter (30 minutes)
    • Not sure if I'm going to reroute the Intercooler Piping later on. I like the double overhead piping look, but having the turbo outlet go straight down clears up some space in the bay.
  • PCV system and catch-can (30 minutes)
    • waiting on fittings ~2 weeks
      • Mate might have these
      • Might have some lying about
    • needs to drill into intake, which doesn't have much space right now.
      • Might be able to use/find a different piece of piping.

Also, this is just in. I just put in the Jass performance boot-light. First Jass performance part that isn't pure dogs**t. (So far)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamrin said:

I've actually been able to do a couple of trips with the braces on, and you feel it so-ridiculously-much.

The car used to flex like a mad man, but now It's so stiff that I almost tripod when I'm rolling off my driveway. I can recommend it to everyone with an MX-5. 
I still have to put the connecting piece for the Butterfly-Brace on, as I wasn't sure if that was supposed to stick out that much (spoiler alert, it does. Skidnation has it on the website with a bit of poke.).

Hoping to get some more mods done this week, and I hope the rest of the parts come in soon.

And now to keep myself accountable and motivated...
Planned mods in semi-short term, and their current troubles:

• That last dang brake caliper (1hr)
  • Fuel pressure regulator and hoses (1hr)
  • Intake Tube & smaller K&N pod filter (30 minutes)
    • Not sure if I'm going to reroute the Intercooler Piping later on. I like the double overhead piping look, but having the turbo outlet go straight down clears up some space in the bay.
  • PCV system and catch-can (30 minutes)
    • waiting on fittings ~2 weeks
      • Mate might have these
      • Might have some lying about
    • needs to drill into intake, which doesn't have much space right now.
      • Might be able to use/find a different piece of piping.

Also, this is just in. I just put in the Jass performance boot-light. First Jass performance part that isn't pure dogs**t. (So far)

Thats strange mate, the Jass bits i bought were great fit (gear stick surround and cup holder) It's the IL Motorsport parts I've found to be a complete pain fitment wise. Whats the bootlight look like, not seen the Jass one yet?

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thats strange mate, the Jass bits i bought were great fit (gear stick surround and cup holder) It's the IL Motorsport parts I've found to be a complete pain fitment wise. Whats the bootlight look like, not seen the Jass one yet?

C8CT4506-600x600.jpg
It's this little doodad. Goes over the latch (Which I had on the wrong way, btw. The boot closes properly again now.)

So far, my Jass crankshaft locker doesn't fit. My Jass engine damper melted from the heat from the turbo. And my Jass Radio Cage with holes for three gauges (as seen in previous pictures) does in fact not fit three gauges, because the holes are too close together. I eventually went with the IL Motorsport one, which needed only minor trimming of the gauge bezels.

So far, my experience with IL Motorsport parts has been absolutely flawless. I have the cupholder center console, several maintenance parts including gaskets and seals and the armrest. As well as several OEM parts from them.
I'm even considering replacing my skidnation coolant reroute with one of theirs.

• Like 1