MB Cluster Change

KeirML

Question

Hi guys. So I'm trying to swap in an MB6 cluster into my MB2 (because it has now been K-Swapped) and taking off the panel holding the cluster is giving me a real pain. I could be blind but I couldn't find a guide on how to do a cluster change in an MB.

So far I've undone the two screws at the top of the panel so I have some movement but the bottom (especially the bottom left) of the panel won't budge and I don't want to break anything!

Would anyone be able to give me some pointers?

16070984837844847523383109579664.jpg

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Exactly as Jamie says mate, prise out the fog light switch (theres a wee gap in the bottom of it to get a small flat screwdriver in) and you'll see the screw holding the cowel to the dash. The other is behind the blank plate (or might be the dash dimmer switch depending if yours has it fitted). Drop the steering hight adjustment right down when trying to remove the cowel though as it won't come out if the steering is in high position.

Looking forward to seeing this K-swap!!!

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, Dave said:

Exactly as Jamie says mate, prise out the fog light switch (theres a wee gap in the bottom of it to get a small flat screwdriver in) and you'll see the screw holding the cowel to the dash. The other is behind the blank plate (or might be the dash dimmer switch depending if yours has it fitted). Drop the steering hight adjustment right down when trying to remove the cowel though as it won't come out if the steering is in high position.

Looking forward to seeing this K-swap!!!

Once my car is finished I'll make a thread showing it all (I've still got wheels, coilovers, fresh bumpers and accord r spoiler to do) but here's a couple pictures of the engine bay just to show you that lovely k-swap ;)

IMG_20201205_114445.jpg

IMG_20201205_114434.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! Stunning engine bay mate, really nice conversion that! Going to be a total sleeper that! Loving these K swaps into Civic M's, its almost like the tables have turned full circle! Used to be that MB6's were bought/broken for their B18's to go into other civics/cars........now TypeR's are being broken so there engines can be fitted to Civic M's! Loving it! Sooo looking forward to your build thread on this mate! 8-)

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, Dave said:

Did they not do an Aerodeck too? Or an MB6 to K20?

It is the one Rich at dynodaze did for me :) They did a fantastic job!

I'm not sure if they had an MC2 or MB6 but I do remember when I picked up my car they were also working on a clean looking navy blue MB2 with a VTI-S body kit. When I was there it still had a d-series in it so they could have been doing a K20 swap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2