New member looking for a 2001 Y Reg MB Civic

YRegMB

1 hour ago, YRegMB said:

Sorry I meant to say per £260 per year. I got distracted as I was typing the reply.

It seems that it is not possible to edit the post now.

Fixed the typo for you friday.gif1

• Like 1

As if it wasn't hard enough to find a decent MB these days without worrying about certain ages/emissions!

The MB2 sport has colour matched wing mirrors and door handles, spoiler, alloy wheels, rear disc brakes and the VTI spec interior which includes half leather seats, door cards, steering wheel, gear knob, maybe the gear stick surround, but weirdly not a bigger arm rest. And that's the only differences really.

I've heard people say the 1.4 is faster than the 1.5 but not sure how true that is or what they're like compared to the 1.6 engines (VTEC or standard).

Happy hunting! 

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AJCivic said:

As if it wasn't hard enough to find a decent MB these days without worrying about certain ages/emissions!

The MB2 sport has colour matched wing mirrors and door handles, spoiler, alloy wheels, rear disc brakes and the VTI spec interior which includes half leather seats, door cards, steering wheel, gear knob, maybe the gear stick surround, but weirdly not a bigger arm rest. And that's the only differences really.

I've heard people say the 1.4 is faster than the 1.5 but not sure how true that is or what they're like compared to the 1.6 engines (VTEC or standard).

Happy hunting! 

Do remember the 1.4 D Series in my pre-facelift MA8 Civic was really rev happy! Bit more so than the 1.6 D series I'd say. Not sure how it compares to the D15 VTEC-E as they were more biased towards economy, although have been in a D15 and it was a quick wee car. Not sure if my 1.4 revved more with it being an auto, but always felt like a quick wee car back in the day.

Think the other thing missing from the sport interior is the carbon effect dash inserts, think it was VTi/VTiS only that got that, but other than that and the arm rest like you say the Sport interior is pretty much the same as the VTi.

• 9 months later...

Unfortunately I never did manage to find an MB.

I had to replace my older car with something other than an MB as the head gasket failed. It wasn't worth repairing as it didn't comply with the emissions rules, and wasn't worth more than scrap price.

I still look to see if any suitable MBs come up for sale locally. I may still buy one as a second car if the opportunity came up.

• Like 1

I went with a MK2 Ford Focus in the end.

There are still thousands of those listed for sale at reasonable prices. Both new and used parts are still very cheap and easy to find.

The number of MBs of any age for sale seems to have fallen quite a bit even in the last year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I can't really justify taking another car on at the moment. It's a good thing it's 300 miles away or I'd still be tempted to go and have a look at it.

I thought I would post it in case anyone else on here was interested.