Double din dash conversion - interest

Dave

Trying to work out sizes and where I need holes etc. Want to be able to slide it in and out the side. This will be the hub of the set up, and will extend out and back so that it fits in shape wise. 

Wow, that makes a lot more sense than some of the tablet installs i've seen where you need to take the dash out to get them out. Will you be making something like that and attaching it to the dash then, or modding the dash to fit it in (with a slot on side of dash to remove)? How will you be attaching cables etc? Interested in this!

Yeah, don't fancy having to leave it in - some knacker would be bound to try and have it away. 

Plan is to have that sitting on the section where the clock etc is, but extended out to be the width of the centre bit, and then have a lid that tapers downwards back to the inner side of the vents. 

That's the plan, but I'm kind of going from memory until I get the car to sit in and work it out. 

Will have a usb cable coming out with a 90° connector on, and the cable will connect on the open side. 

• Like 1

Ahh, with you now. That'll be a nice set up, and good that you can remove it away from the pikeys! I'm going for an Android head unit (with no cd mechanism) which will need to stay in the car, but the one I'm looking at is only £60 to £80 quid so not too fussed.

• Like 1