Whats your plans for your Civic in 2021

Dave

So, new year, hopefully a better one than the last! What plans have you got for your Civic MA/MB/MC this year? Any mods planned or anyone going down the restoration route? Let us know and throw in some photos too. Think we're all needing inspiration to kick start this new year!

Plans for DD my Civic Aerodeck in 2021 are:

• Fix the leak into drivers footwell!
  • Replace the current rear view mirror dashcam with a nice discreet Road Angel one (hard wired)
  • Double din conversion on centre console
  • Fit android double din head unit
  • Replace some trim in the boot as some clips gone
  • Full service
  • If my new garage gets built, respraying bonnet and front wings.
  • Fully mop and polish car and valet the interior.
  • Oh, and fit the new roof rack/bars we got for her!
  • 20200512_185802.jpg20200512_185741.jpgP8170024.JPG
  • Like 4

Some great plans there Dave I wish you all the luck for it! 

My little MB2 has recently had a huge lot of welding done on the sills which has made me more confident about plans for the future and I've just fit a new battery where it might just be my imagination but everything feels nice and smooth since then. Continuing that I'm hoping to get the following done:

- New boot gas struts (soon)

- Trailing arm bushes (soon)

- New fan belts (soon)

- Full Service 

- Coolant & Gearbox oil change

- Refurb or have a go sanding/spraying some spare OEM wheels I have to go on

- Finally(!) Get the boot spoiler installed

I wanted to completely refurb the suspension soon to be honest, front and back. I thought about getting it into a garage and getting majority of the bushes/control arms replaced, but that got me thinking the thing that might improve it most is new shocks all round. But that gets me thinking about coilovers etc etc. Plus I've never done this before - wouldn't know which bushes to get done and not amount to ridiculous prices!

Also got a VTIS lip kit still to spray the correct colour and install as well if I want. Held off doing that the past couple of years as I like the practicality of the mud flaps! :-D

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 2

My plans are to swap various bits and bobs from old tubs to new, and finally, hopefully, drive the bloody thing for the first time in nearly two years! :lol: ecstatic.gif1that'll be me a happy chappy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

drive the bloody thing for the first time in nearly two years! :lol: ecstatic.gif1that'll be me a happy chappy. 

applause.gif1rlol.gif1 It'll be worth the wait mate!

• Haha 1

My plan this year/next is to turbo my B18C4 swapped areodeck with a Race Tech kit,  Hondata S300 P30 ECU, 550cc fuel injectors, Warbro fuel pump, AEM wide band, Blox intake, Bigger accord Front brakes, 260 rear brakes (I needs hubs if anyone is selling) that's all I can think of at the mo 

IMG_20201220_172454_390.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Chris.m said:

My plan this year/next is to turbo my B18C4 swapped areodeck with a Race Tech kit,  Hondata S300 P30 ECU, 550cc fuel injectors, Warbro fuel pump, AEM wide band, Blox intake, Bigger accord Front brakes, 260 rear brakes (I needs hubs if anyone is selling) that's all I can think of at the mo 

IMG_20201220_172454_390.jpg

Oooh... Sounds very tasty 8-)

You need to get yourself a project thread going for that one bud. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AJCivic said:

Some great plans there Dave I wish you all the luck for it! 

My little MB2 has recently had a huge lot of welding done on the sills which has made me more confident about plans for the future and I've just fit a new battery where it might just be my imagination but everything feels nice and smooth since then. Continuing that I'm hoping to get the following done:

- New boot gas struts (soon)

- Trailing arm bushes (soon)

- New fan belts (soon)

- Full Service 

- Coolant & Gearbox oil change

- Refurb or have a go sanding/spraying some spare OEM wheels I have to go on

- Finally(!) Get the boot spoiler installed

I wanted to completely refurb the suspension soon to be honest, front and back. I thought about getting it into a garage and getting majority of the bushes/control arms replaced, but that got me thinking the thing that might improve it most is new shocks all round. But that gets me thinking about coilovers etc etc. Plus I've never done this before - wouldn't know which bushes to get done and not amount to ridiculous prices!

Also got a VTIS lip kit still to spray the correct colour and install as well if I want. Held off doing that the past couple of years as I like the practicality of the mud flaps! :-D

Sounds like a good plan there. 

If you're thinking about upgrading bushes, a few folk have gone for strong flex (including me, but I haven't got the car back yet, so can't offer an opinion) 

https://strongflexuk.com/product-category/honda/civic/vi-95-00/vi-95-00-uk-ma-mb-mc/

I know that Jake @KiNK43 has used them before.