Bent rear cross member

dr_broon

Question

There's a post on our Facebook group of someone who has bent their rear cross member 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3823825667640360&id=100000388922702&set=gm.834645877317422&source=48&ref=group_browse

Now I know from looking into it when I found that the one on tubs was rusted to hell, that honda do list the part as being separate from the rear floor - but if course it's not available anymore. 

Screenshot_20210116-103520.png

Part number is 17500ST3E31 

The workshop manual has some info for replacing sub frame parts, but it's far from a simple bolt on activity. 

Screenshot_20210116-103421.png

Screenshot_20210116-103434.png

Screenshot_20210116-103451.png

If you could get a good scrap one, then a good body shop /restoration place might be able to sort it using the alignment info from the honda manual. 

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Yeah lower models don't even have the little bits sticking out to bolt this tie bar to, not sure how much it helps with handling but it's a bolt on addition I'd like to do if possible.

Edit: Wasn't aware the actual sub frame is bent there, tough situation, could do with a piece cutting out and welding but wouldn't be an easy or small job?

Edited by AJCivic
  • Like 1