dr_broon

Just browsing - as you do - and noticed this.. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101178067087?atmobcid=soc3

Given that as the advert says it's not in the best nick, and missing most of the interior, is £2.5k OTT, or is this just another sign that vtis are heading up in price? 

Hmm. I think they are definitely on the rise. Not sure what's a good price now. But think the days of getting a goodun for a grand are gone. 

Decent mb6 is 3k upwards lately. And they are selling.  

• Like 1

yeah, deffo seeing a rise in price for any with a B series in them, although have also seen a few low miles D series commanding decent money now. That one however, i'd say is priced far too high, body work not great, interior missing, although not high miles (especially for a Honda) its got 137k on the clock, aircon deleted, etc and looks as though it really hasnt been looked after, it's probably looking at a more realistic £1800 tops. By the time you sort the bodywork/replace the panels, source and replace the interior, replace the manifold and then god knows what its like underneath, you're looking at spending almost £500 to a grand on it. Would it then be worth £3K? Nope, I doubt it.

• Like 2

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of folk in the market for decent ones, and happy to spend on them as well. 

Maybe civic M's make more sense now in the world of bigger cars!  They were just ahead of their time :lol:

Heck, just look at the platform honda picked for the new type r... Almost m sized lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Heck, just look at the platform honda picked for the new type r... Almost m sized lol

Yeah, I find that hilarious when i think back to before the days of Civic5, when I'd go into the honda forums and get slated for having a 5 door Civic. "Who wants a 5 door vti, they aint sporty! Has to be an EK4 3 door VTi. Take that grandad mobile away" was the usual abuse I got..........oh how the tables have turned!! Now the sports Civic is a 5 door! Haha! Used to poke me off how the "jdm brigade" with their Swindon built 3 doors would constantly claim there EK4's were better.....Ruby used to regulary blow the arse of EK4's without even thinking about it! Christ, she used to sit on the bum of some Scooby's too! lmao

I think there are those out there who love old Hondas, love a fast honda but need something practical. Most of the 3 door Ek'3 have rotted away or been ragged to death so the mb6/mc2 makes great sense. The aerodeck is small enough to still be chuckable, but is sooooooo practical it still amazes me even today what we fit in DD's boot or on the roof!applause.gif1

• Like 1