Lower control arm fitment MB2

KeirML

Hi there,

So I've returned again to pick fruit from my favourite tree of wisdom.

So good news, my MB2 build is nearing to the "end" of my MB2 build, of which I'll be making a lovely post about with lots of pictures once it's done.

So recently I got the Hardrace front traction brace, Hardrace rear LCA's, 18mm rear anti-roll bar for 400/45/MG ZS. So I want to get new front LCA's as well and I asked the guys at Dynodaze about fitment and they told me that rear LCA's for MB follows EK (not EG) fitment but they didn't mention what would fit the front, only saying that they'd recommend getting ones off an MB6.

So I just want to see if anyone has AM front LCA's then what fits MB's?

Also bonus question, in case I ever decide to go for a beefier rear anti roll bar, what fitment works with the MB2?

Thank you so much guys.

• Like 1

Not really sure to be honest mate. I know you can fit MGZS front springs/dampers but the fork needs modding to get the height right, @noodels did this mod to his. So thinking that the MGZS LCA's may fit (but might require modding?) but not sure on any actual gains using them over OEM Honda ones. Would the DC2 LCA's be the same fit I wonder? Plenty A/M stuff available for them so that might be worth a look into. Have a look through the following thread as it may shed some light on it for you.

List of Honda models that have Interchangeable parts with MB/MC (UPDATED Dec 2020) - Chat Lounge - Civic5 Honda Civic MA/MB/MC owners club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Not really sure to be honest mate. I know you can fit MGZS front springs/dampers but the fork needs modding to get the height right, @noodels did this mod to his. So thinking that the MGZS LCA's may fit (but might require modding?) but not sure on any actual gains using them over OEM Honda ones. Would the DC2 LCA's be the same fit I wonder? Plenty A/M stuff available for them so that might be worth a look into. Have a look through the following thread as it may shed some light on it for you.

List of Honda models that have Interchangeable parts with MB/MC (UPDATED Dec 2020) - Chat Lounge - Civic5 Honda Civic MA/MB/MC owners club

This is fantastic! Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't find this but I can't express how grateful I am for showing me! :)

Slightly worried about how I was advised by Dynodaze that EK rear LCA's fit whilst EG do not, whilst that list very much shows the opposite.

I'll try and get back to them to see what they say because it could have been an honest mistake or the list could be wrong, or if it comes to it may have to test both.

Cheers again!

• Like 1

No problem at all mate, you're welcome. The list was put together by our members so should be pretty accurate. Do you know who it was you spoke to at Dynodaze? Was it Rich Ellis? If so, Rich does know his stuff when it comes to Civic M's as he had one of the first B20 Turbo mb6's in the forum.  I'm almost certain that it's mostly the EK stuff that doesn't fit or Civic M's though. Integra is based on the EG Civic, and most of the Intergra stuff fits ours (depends on year of Integra though)

So had a check with Dynodaze again, in light of that compatibility list, and asked for Rich to confirm, (although still not 100% sure the response I got was from Rich) the reply I got from them was them saying that coilovers for MB's use EK fork in the rear, so they say it would be EK LCA's that go with it.

So fingers crossed I won't have to return the EK LCA's that I bought.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:07 PM, KeirML said:

So had a check with Dynodaze again, in light of that compatibility list, and asked for Rich to confirm, (although still not 100% sure the response I got was from Rich) the reply I got from them was them saying that coilovers for MB's use EK fork in the rear, so they say it would be EK LCA's that go with it.

So fingers crossed I won't have to return the EK LCA's that I bought.

Rear LCA is eg/dc2 length 100%

The confusion comes because the fork on the bottom of stock shock absorber is narrow like an ek.

So usually you would run an eg rear LCA and fit coilovers with the wider (eg) fork to suit the eg LCA.

Front lower arms can use mg zs. Dc2. Eg. Etc 

Only again Ek front lower arms are completely different design. As is the subframe etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Rear LCA is eg/dc2 length 100%

The confusion comes because the fork on the bottom of stock shock absorber is narrow like an ek.

So usually you would run an eg rear LCA and fit coilovers with the wider (eg) fork to suit the eg LCA.

Front lower arms can use mg zs. Dc2. Eg. Etc 

Only again Ek front lower arms are completely different design. As is the subframe etc.

Thank you for this, and I think you're right.

I don't think EK ones will fit but I'll test it anyway. I measured my old shocks -because I've hung onto them since I put in my new MeisterR's ;) and the gap is 40mm, which granted is the same as the shock bushing on the EK LCA's, BUT you can get EG LCA's from places like Hardrace that have 50mm OR 40mm shock bushings!

So what I've done is ordered a set of EG LCA's with 40mm shock bushing and my money is definitely on those fitting right.

I recently had skunk dc2/eg LCAs fitted, and they had to get them machined to be able to fit the new standard mc2 shocks over them - I didn't realise why at first, but that confirms what Jake's said above. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I recently had skunk dc2/eg LCAs fitted, and they had to get them machined to be able to fit the new standard mc2 shocks over them - I didn't realise why at first, but that confirms what Jake's said above. 

I take it you got the shock bushing machined?

How did the rest of the arm fit? Was the only alteration reducing the shock bushing from 50mm to 40mm?

And if so then that should settle it: for our cars it's eg/dc2 with 40mm shock bushing.

We can also put that forward as a suggested edit on the compatibility list just to help anyone who plans to get LCAs in the future :)

• Like 1