2001/2002 Accord opinions?

YRegMB

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the 2001/2002 Accord?

I have seen a few of these for sale in my search for a London emissions compliant MB Civic.

There seem to be a few more of these still around as they seem to have been sold for a year or so later than the MB Civics. They can be found with 51 and 02 plates, whereas the very last MB civics sold have Y plates.

I like them. They did keep that model running past the m civics - the new gen (7th) came in at 03 I think. 

The wife's got an 04 accord tourer, and it's a really nice car to drive. 

The accord type r of the age you're looking at looks quite like a bigger mb6 really. 

The Accord generally is a bigger Civic. I like them, in all generations. TypeR is lovely, but heavy on go-go juice. I'd be surprised if the TypeR is ULEZ compliant though? All the Accords of that Gen can be found pretty cheaply now I think. We've had a few different Accords in Civic5, from the very early pop up light version that Krzys had (think he might still have it) to the generation mentioned above, through to the later ones such as Simons Mrs and Ali (burbleboy) had. If you can stretch to the later versions, I'd deffo have on e of those! Have a look at Mrs Broons Accord Tourer or Ali's modded 4 door to see how good they can look modified. I still see Ali's one going about near where I work, looks awesome!

Thanks for the replies.

The Type R would be beyond what I am willing to spend. As there is no way to tell what will happen with these restrictions in the future, it puts me off wanting to spend too much money on anything. The only thing certain is that the restrictions will get worse.

• Sad 1

Sad but true mate. Only way forward for car lovers is to say to hell with the cities and move out to the countryside! Drive what you want out in the sticks!! lol 

We had the 2.0 exec tourer before the type S. Was a nice car to drive, and felt even more solid than the type S - even the doors felt heavier (maybe because of the upgraded speakers of the premium sound system), but the 2 litre seemed a bit under powered in the tourer - especially when loaded with a week's worth of camping gear. 

• Like 1