Immobiliser kicked in, alarm going off

PeterD207

What a pain! Well done for persevering with it, I bet it's been one of those jobs where you have to rely on others knowing what's what to sort it and getting annoyed while you couldn't use the car. Also annoying to find out 10 years in that you don't have an original key.

The central locking system has got to be the absolute worst thing about these cars and I think you'll be hard pressed to find a good working example these days. I've lost the fob for mine now but I know it stopped working due to a faulty button at least 10 years ago (because the car was in the family the whole time), as such it stopped being used and when I tried using it again a couple of years ago it was totally hopeless, new battery and checked inside and nothing helped. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Don't know how I've ended up reading this so far down the line. But for what it's worth for people in the future. Honda still provide new fobs and keys for certain setups . 

I have brand new keyset and fobs for mine. 

IMG_20210518_165138.jpg

IMG_20201224_224554.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, KiNK43 said:

Don't know how I've ended up reading this so far down the line. But for what it's worth for people in the future. Honda still provide new fobs and keys for certain setups . 

I have brand new keyset and fobs for mine. 

IMG_20210518_165138.jpg

IMG_20201224_224554.jpg

Out of interest Jake, how did you go about getting that? Was it just a case of popping to the dealer and asking? 

4 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Out of interest Jake, how did you go about getting that? Was it just a case of popping to the dealer and asking? 

Yes that's right and The security fobs came direct from Hamilton Palmer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Nice one. Did H&P send a new case, or did it have the innards as well? 

Everything yes. Have to pull the board from under drivers seat unless you got details for coding 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Everything yes. Have to pull the board from under drivers seat unless you got details for coding 

I've got the full thing out at the minute, ready for transplant from tubs into the HUD.... That and all the wiring loom that the wires are spliced into so they can be identified :lol: