Advice needed

Faisal

Question

hi all

i have purchased a blox racing intake mani and a sk2 tb i am planning on fitting them soon but wonder would i be ok to run them with out a map i have a p28 hondata ecu but i was wanting to fit more mods before i get it mapped 

has any one fitted one and drove the car as normal with out any issues i no it would be better to get it mapped but i would rather hold of 

• Like 1

Not personally drove one with this upgrade, but going on what I know about engines I'd say yes it will run, how well......that's the unknown. For those two mods done, I'd be getting it mapped mate. Yes it may seem like an additional cost when you'll be getting it mapped further down the line, but if it's not set up right then it could cause damage to other parts of the engine. It's pointless fitting these new parts if you're not getting the engine tuned to them as you'll not enjoy the benefit of the upgrade without tuning it. 

If you know you'll deffo be doing the other mods, I'd hold off until you have all the parts you want to fit, then fit them all in one go and then get her mapped once.:wink: 

• Like 1

I'm planning on building a forged engine for my car but I'm only using the blox intake for the time being I didn't wqnq pay for a map then pay for another one qnd another again was wanting to fit it as I'm impatient 

• Like 1

Would hold on tbh,Have a larger TB <spare from my S2000><also tried with fuel psi raised with a FPR & decat type R exhaust "B" pipe & a twin loop muffler

Have a custom chip i got from USA and works ok for my use,9.6k rev limit? 5.2 vtec<same as DC2 anyway><had that on for 8+years><P28 Htune ecu>

do have skunk2 tuner cams though.

with OEM ECU VTEC is a joke with my mods<MOT time it goes on>

PS Cox Honda have a sale on  clutch ect..

pps Have 421 manifold also.DCsport i think blush.gif1

edit>:  5200k secondary cam.

Edited by noodels
  • Like 2

I have a p28 hondata fitted with a road map done to it 

In really juat bought the inlet cause it was a good price and I want to fit it in the end I plan on building up a forge engine and getting a skunk 2 ultra fitted 

I just would prefer to run a blox intake and my tb is abit sticky to 

• Like 1

My car at the moment mod wise it is 

Sk2 alpha mani 

M2 decat 

Tanaba center 

Sk2 back box 

P28 ecu hondata road tune half done 

Magnicor leads 

Top fuel induction kit 

• Like 1

Haha, totally get what you say about being impatient lol I'm the same, always chapping at the bit to get stuff done as I just can't wait! rlol.gif1 As a wise old man one said in a famous 80's film.....patience Danwell son, wemember, bweave, vewwy impotant! Oh, and wax on and off etc etc!! 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, noodels said:

Would hold on tbh,Have a larger TB <spare from my S2000><also tried with fuel psi raised with a FPR & decat type R exhaust "B" pipe & a twin loop muffler

Have a custom chip i got from USA and works ok for my use,9.6k rev limit,think 5.8 vtec<same as DC2 anyway><had that on for 8+years><P28 Htune ecu>

do have skunk2 tuner cams though.

with OEM ECU VTEC is a joke with my mods<MOT time it goes on>

PS Cox Honda have a sale on  clutch ect..

pps Have 421 manifold also.DCsport i think blush.gif1

So in essence this inlet and tb should work with my set up?

15 hours ago, Dave said:

Haha, totally get what you say about being impatient lol I'm the same, always chapping at the bit to get stuff done as I just can't wait! rlol.gif1 As a wise old man one said in a famous 80's film.....patience Danwell son, wemember, bweave, vewwy impotant! Oh, and wax on and off etc etc!! 

I really want to fit it tho its in my room annoying me lol 

• Haha 2