Help with my '99 Civic 1.4i

Guest CrazyCowMan221

Question

Guest CrazyCowMan221

Howdy everyone.

So basically, a couple of things with my car -

I'm in desperate need of a new bumper. Does anyone know where I can find a reliable place to get an aftermarket one? Wanting to spice the it up a little.

Another thing, well, things, are for some reason a couple of the door handles can be pulled out? It sucks for my passengers, and for me, so if anyone has a fix let me know, please.

One more thing - anyone know what the limit size etc. is for the wheels? Looking to replace the stock steelies but I don't want to buy something without know it fits for sure.

Cheers!

5 answers to this question

Hi There!

Aftermarket bumpers were available for these during the 90's early noughties, but not sure what (if any) are available now. Most likely they would be available in Germany I think, deffo not available inn the UK now. Options would be the OEM VTi front spolier/lip or the VTiS front spolier/lip, both of which are available 2nd hand.

Door handles wise, is it the handles inside or outside the car that are coming out?

Wheels wise, there have been a few members who have gone up to 17 inch, but think this is about the biggest you could go without modifying other areas. The wheel offest will also play a big part in what fits, along with the width of the rim (7J, 7.5J, 8J, etc)

Guest CrazyCowMan221
On 3/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, Dave said:

Door handles wise, is it the handles inside or outside the car that are coming out?

Hi mate, thanks for the info! I'll definitely have a look around for those kinds of bumpers.

It's the handles on the outside that are coming out, i think whatever was sealing them in place must have came loose, I accidentally pulled them out one time on frost days which I'm guessing didn't help. 

Here's some info on the door handles from the service manual - you can get a copy of the manual from our downloads section 8-)

Screenshot_20210324-102422.png

Screenshot_20210324-102447.png

Screenshot_20210324-102503.png

• Like 2
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.