MB3 Won't drive anymore, possible clutch?

Goosy

Question

Greetings, I'm here to tell you a sad tale. A few days ago I was driving down the motorway, and kept feeling like the power was dropping, gradually losing power completely (Even though the engine was still revving well). Right before it stopped working completely though, the clutch pedal got stuck and the gear stick didn't move, however when the car was stopped both got loose again. Both the gear stick and the clutch pedal feel immensely loose, and the stick always moves as if the clutch is always engaged. You can gear the gears shifting however the car just revs and doesn't move at all, not matter what you do to the clutch pedal (Which is significantly looser than before). 

Hopefully that explanation was detailed enough, as I am not a mechanic and am not versed in these faults. I'm taking it to a proper mechanic anyway, just wanted to get a bit of insight on the possible prices for the repair :D

3 answers to this question

Think I paid around £300 to get the clutch replaced on Ruby...and her old clutch litterally fell apart what the took it out. That was a good few years ago now though so not sure how much the price will ahve gone up by?

• Like 1