How to raise front suspension on MB6?

mihaiantony

Hi guys. This is how my car looks (MB6 B18C4) with normal Kyb shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs. It is almost ok, but front is too low for me. (even i am using special B18C4 Eibach springs)

I want to raise the front a little bit (1 finger lets say)..i should use MG ZS180 VS shocks and MG ZS120 springs?

20201222_143714.jpg

I'm having a similar puzzle at the minute @mihaiantony. I've also got Eibach pro springs, but with Sachs standard shocks. 

I've had eibach springs for years, and used to run them with koni adjustable shocks. They were always too low for my set up with 17" wheels because of the width and had a lot of issues with rubbing the arch liner (do you have 17" wheels on?) 

Years ago, I bought some spacers off an old member on here which lifted the spring cup on the koni shocks up a bit to solve the problem, but this could only be done because the height of the koni shocks could be adjusted. The spring cup on a standard shock is in a fixed location. 

My koni shocks died (as did my original eibachs) but koni no longer make the shocks for the m civic, which is why I've now got oem spec shocks. I miss my konis though. 

The MGZS stuff seems to be a good solution, but I know there's been members on here in the past have had odd results. You're right to be looking at the 120 springs for matching the weight, but I'm not sure about mixing the 180 shocks. I'm sure @noodels would be able to help out here.

One thing I'm wondering about is whether I can get my shocks modified to lift the spring cup up by a small amount, or whether a different top mount could have the same effect - I don't think I need much more clearance maybe 10-15 mm. 

If anyone else has any thoughts it'd be useful to hear. 

Hello

i found this lift kit on eBAY..i think is worth (i will cut them by half, i need 10mm not 20mm). Is very cost effective because i do not have to change shocks or springs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-strut-spacers-20mm-for-Honda-CONCERTO-CR-X-DOMANI-INTEGRA-ORTHIA-PARTNER/112486955988

aaa.jpg

1 hour ago, mihaiantony said:

Hello

i found this lift kit on eBAY..i think is worth (i will cut them by half, i need 10mm not 20mm). Is very cost effective because i do not have to change shocks or springs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-strut-spacers-20mm-for-Honda-CONCERTO-CR-X-DOMANI-INTEGRA-ORTHIA-PARTNER/112486955988

aaa.jpg

Cool that's the type of thing that I was thinking about - I'm thinking of getting something like this made up from aluminium by an engineering company - about 10mm is probably what I would need. 

14 hours ago, noodels said:

Did you look at any Bilstein Simon ?got them on my polo and stiffer damping than oem

I never found any in my search. Just had a look on their UK website and it doesn't look like they've got them in stock. 

There's a few places do custom shocks that are adjustable for classic cars etc, and the prices don't seem too bad. Just wish I'd found them before buying the current ones. 

I think that I've still got the original top mounts in, so thinking of replacing them and see if that makes any difference. 

Anyone know if they're the same as DC2?