Rickybeau wheels question

rickybeau

Question

On 3/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, Dave said:

Hi There!

Aftermarket bumpers were available for these during the 90's early noughties, but not sure what (if any) are available now. Most likely they would be available in Germany I think, deffo not available inn the UK now. Options would be the OEM VTi front spolier/lip or the VTiS front spolier/lip, both of which are available 2nd hand.

Door handles wise, is it the handles inside or outside the car that are coming out?

Wheels wise, there have been a few members who have gone up to 17 inch, but think this is about the biggest you could go without modifying other areas. The wheel offest will also play a big part in what fits, along with the width of the rim (7J, 7.5J, 8J, etc)

Hi Dave so i want  a 16" wheel what "j" and "et" range shuld be used, and what you think fits best without having to use spacers and nothing like that.

Alsp the tyres are normally what size with 16" wheels height wise, are 195/45 to wide? is the height of 45 good to keep speedometer etc in good balance?

thanks and srry to jump in others post 

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Hi Ricardo. I have 16" alloys on DD my Aerodeck. Not sure what the offset is on them or width, but think they might be 6.5J or 7J. Would need to check that to be sure. Whe n I got my alloys, they were running 195/45 16 which to be honest was too small a profile. I replaced the tyres and going by what the 15"s come with as standard on these cars(55 profile), and the fact she's no longer lowered, I went for 195/50 x 16 Goodyears. No rub at all, can easily take the 195 (it's the standard width on VTi/VTiS) and with the little extra sidewall, she's a lot smoother to drive. Bonus is they fill the arches better too, so much better all round. 

DD's alloys are Cades Eros, which are slightly dished. The dish on them looks more than it actually is due to the design of the wheel so perfect for the look we wanted. I've put two pics below to show the difference between 45 profile on her and 50 profile. 

45 profile

DD back on her posh shoes, all resprayed-osf.jpg

50 profile

DD new tyres fitted 2 May 2020.jpg

45 profile

DD back on her posh shoes, all resprayed.jpg

50 profile

DD new tyres fitted May 2020.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Dave the 50 profile looks just perfect i dont want to lower the suspensivo cause its top expensive and i would be scraping all the time so now that i have seen how it looks with the 16 inch and the 50 profile i know what i have to look for, thanks Dave.

I read  on the post about interchangable parts that the ET can be up to 45, the ET os the with of the mounting where the rim meets the hub, right? If its for instance 40 works the same as a 45 bit the wheel protude more from the body of the car?

Thanks and be safe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickybeau said:

Hi Dave the 50 profile looks just perfect i dont want to lower the suspensivo cause its top expensive and i would be scraping all the time so now that i have seen how it looks with the 16 inch and the 50 profile i know what i have to look for, thanks Dave.

I read  on the post about interchangable parts that the ET can be up to 45, the ET os the with of the mounting where the rim meets the hub, right? If its for instance 40 works the same as a 45 bit the wheel protude more from the body of the car?

Thanks and be safe

The way it works is the lower the ET number, the more it will stick out from the body of the car. And gernerally, the lower the ET, the bigger the dish on the wheel depending on style. We've got a bit on the site somewhere that has a diagram kinda explaining it. You can go for ones that are lower (Think Chandlers deck has quite low ET wheels) and have a bit of tyre stretch to keep it legal, but I've never been a fan of stretched tyres/stanced look. I'll see if I can get the specs from my wheels once the weather clears up a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, Dave said:

The way it works is the lower the ET number, the more it will stick out from the body of the car. And gernerally, the lower the ET, the bigger the dish on the wheel depending on style. We've got a bit on the site somewhere that has a diagram kinda explaining it. You can go for ones that are lower (Think Chandlers deck has quite low ET wheels) and have a bit of tyre stretch to keep it legal, but I've never been a fan of stretched tyres/stanced look. I'll see if I can get the specs from my wheels once the weather clears up a bit.

hi dave, im looking for ones from a rover mg zr the ones on the photo not sure if they will look nice on the car but i am trying to find cheap and nice at the same time is not easy lol

the specs for this are 6,5j x 16 ch , et 45.0 c sfi as shown in picture

the tyres installed on the wheels are 205/55 i suppose i had to change them in order to make them legal, right?

thanks

jante rover.jpg

olx_image_2021-04-07_14-59-08.jpg

Those alloys should go straight on mate, no problem at all. They have a high offset so as you can see, the spokes sit near flush with the outside rim of the wheel. Really nice rims those and they do suit our Civics well. You should be able to go up to 205 width on our cars (I think from memory) but the 55 profile is what's normally on the 15" alloy so you might get rubbing issues. I'd always recommend changing the tyres on any 2nd hand alloys you buy anyways, never trust the tyres as you dont know if they've had any impacts with kerbs/potholes etc which weakens the tyre wall. We did have a member here years ago who bought 2nd wheels for his mb6............had them on a week and he had a high speed blow out on the motorway in the fast lane. Car was totaled after he smashed into the centre reservation barrier (he was lucky not to have been killed!). 

• Confused 1

wow that was a eye opener... for sure.

Are the tyres that much expensive from the 175x65r14?

I dint know if our cars can have 205 but i read somewhere that from stock the vti had max. 195, height wise 55 probably will rub when i turn is that it?

found also this ones from a mini clubman half the price of the rover ones, they look ok, tell me what you think works best visually if you might, and if this ones will fit asswell.

i will be painting them chamaleon i have here some copper gold look spray cans, will see...

thanks

image_2021-04-08_150237.png

mercedes et.jpeg