Short shifter help

Craigblight86

Question

Been trying look on here and Google on how to fit a short shifter to my mb2. Pretty sure I read somewhere a few years ago that if get one for a ek or eg civic you had modify a part to make it fit. Has anyone fitted one and which did you get and how did you fit it as trying find out ASAP. Any help be great 

7 answers to this question

Hi Mate,

I've also got an MB2 and I have had a short shifter fitted, nothing to do with your gear linkage and its so simple its unreal, and the results are astounding.

I bought one similar to the one in this link below, so go onto ebay.co.uk and copy this into the search box.

CHROME SHORT QUICK SHIFT SHIFTER KIT fit HONDA CIVIC 1988-00 EG EF EK INTEGRA 

So it is as simple as going underneath the car unbolting the gear leaver from underneath the car, and once you pull it out from inside the car you will have a white plastic thing around the circle at the bottom of your standard gear lever which covers your ball.

You need to slightly shave this to make it fit over your aftermarket one, and simply fit it back to the car.

It couldnt be any easier than that.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

AKY

I would say the hardest part is be SUPER CAREFUL with the plastic thing as it can break if you cut it away too much, take your time with it.

If you're close to West Yorkshire, you are welcome to come over and i can show u how its done you can also see how mine feels, mate its worth a million dollars is a short shifter, best thing i ever did to my MB2.

A bit weird at first to use, but when u get the hang of it, its proper good.

So the one i sent you will definitely work, just that when i bought mine 2 years ago it was a dual bend short shifter.

14 hours ago, AKY770 said:

I would say the hardest part is be SUPER CAREFUL with the plastic thing as it can break if you cut it away too much, take your time with it.

Dont forget the bolts that tight the shifter ball... mines were rusty and got out with all the nut, ended up cutting the plastic section and using another nut and bolt.

Also, there are 2 sizes of balls in the shifters. Mines had the small one and bought the big ball shifter, so I ported the hole where this goes to resize and enters perfect. Shifts perfectly

• Like 1

Sorry to revive this thread but I've got the same issue cry.gif1he ball on the aerodeck stock shifter is like 32mm wide and the aftermarket ones are 35 same as an ek/eg.what did people do to resolve the issue