Integra Type R Brake Upgrade Query

SaTaNeAtChEeSe

When you say upgrade what are you  planning to use as 98 dc2 are more or less identical. 96 spec dc2 are smaller diameter iirc.

So are you thinking of dc5 calipers etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is, I started to find that DC2 brakes were more or less the same as the VTi the day after I posted this. I'm basically trying to find a budget based bolt on upgrade for my car where I can still use the standard wheels. Been fantasising over Honeds Porsche kit but that is a little outside of my budget and it is not guaranteed to fit my standard wheels.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@SaTaNeAtChEeSe Yes, Jake's right, 98 spec is basically the same as our vti spec, the 96 spec ITR would be a downgrade imo. Are you using the car on the track a lot or just the road? Cheapest bang for buck upgrade would be to try performance brake pads from the likes of EBC (or any other performance brand) in your current set up. I would replace the discs for oem ones with new performance pads......you might be surprised at the difference. 

:cool:

I run MTec discs all round and I'm planning on getting some performance pads. Both front calioers are showing signs of needing a refurb or replacing so the only other upgrade I can think of is braided lines.

I want to use it for track every now and then. Maybe entering in time trial or whatever they call it XD

• Like 1

In that case then yes, braided lines and also maybe switching to DOT 5.1 brake fluid. Would have to totally drain the brake system of all old fluid, flush through then fill with the dot 5.1. The higher boiling point helps a lot with brake fade etc. How you finding  MTec discs over standard discs?

• 5 weeks later...