Lost my car key, only red key left...

rushiie

Question

Hello everybody,

i just lost my last car key at a trip with the dog, so the car stands somewhere in the woods now.

Is there a way to get it temporarily running with the red key?

Its a '97 MB6 / 1.8 VTi, with a chipped ECU (p28?) with a HTS map if that matters. I tried to start the car with

the red key, hoping the chipped ECU disabled the immobilizer but couldn't.

I guess i'm basically asking if there is a way to bypass the immobilizer, and since I could only find some

people saying its possible I hope someone here could help me - maybe via PM since its a delicate issue...

Slightly off topic:

I also have a MB2, can I use the immobilizer, with the chip nearby to start the other car or do I have to swap the lock also?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

As far as I understand it, the red key is only for use for reprogramming the immobiliser, and shouldn't be used. 

I've copied some pages from the workshop manual that might help. 

I think that you're going to need a new set of keys though, not sure how you go about learning the keys (might be a honda job) or maybe getting some used keys with a matching immobiliser system? 

Screenshot_20210617-204632.pngScreenshot_20210617-204956.pngScreenshot_20210617-205027.png

Thanks for the fast answer.

That would be my 2. replacement set applause.gif1

Since all MA, MB, MC-Chassis are basically the same would any set of keys fit, maybe even rover keys?

Or does anybody has a spare set of keys and is willing to sell?

I'll speak to Honda tomorrow, if there is another solution, i'll post it here.

Thanks again,

Ibrahim

• Like 1

Guest Kink43

You could borrow the parts from nyour mb2 to get home couldn't you. Bunthen Breakers best bet I guess. Mistaa Saj on Facebook is my go to man for spares.

Failing that auto electrician. I've used one before when my eg keys got lost and they used the boot lock barrel to make a mould of the key and cut a new one. And even made a new transponder.

Yea, that's the plan if nothing else works, using the lock from my mb2.

Before that i'll grab my multimeter and some paper clips and try something else...

I dont have FB, unfortunatly :), and im in Germany.

• Like 1

Guest rushiiie

Maybe it helps someone:

I found a lock with keys and immobilizer Control unit from a breaker, swapped immo units and can now start the car by holding the key near the receiver ring.

With the car running, i can unplug the unit without the car shutting of. (Thats how we could moved both my civcivs at the Same time.)

That should only working because i have a chipped ECU with disabled Immo.

Have a nice dayseeya.gif1

You simply not need to worry and hustle. It's a common thing that can happen to anyone. I also faced such kind of problem a few months ago, then one of my friend told me to about a fantastic website that handles such kind of problems.