Patrix

Hi, my name is Patrick, found this Forum yesterday, 

I own a 1.5 Vtec-e, not the fastest one but drives very smooth. it has only 125.000 KM on the clock.

Only put it closer to the ground and made it a little nicer under the hood.

Second car is a Toyota Starlet (1985)

IMG_20201214_204730.jpg

IMG_20201111_201823.jpg

IMG_20201215_193603.jpg

IMG_20210316_175940.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, the powerfilter without the airbox sounds to loud (for me) so decided to put it into the box, and then the idea pops up to create a see thru, 

• Like 2

Welcome to the club mate. That's a stunning pre-facelift Civic you have. That model really is becoming rare! Loving the mods you've done, sits really nicely and agree, engine bay and that airbox mod look amazing! Really loving that airbox!

Thanks Dave, 

Yes I found out that the model is becoming rare, I've bin looking for a new hood because of hail damage, but I didn't found one yet. 

The starlet I own for 7 years now, bought in bad condition, but made it shine again. 

IMG_20210329_113525.jpg

• Like 2

That is stunning! Looks like it just rolled out of the factory, superb job you've done there mate.8-)

Regarding the hood for the civic......I think you'll struggle to find one. I Had the pre-facelift civic M (see my thread "wee Blue Betty) over 13 years ago, and tried to source a second hand hood for her as the original was rusted. Took me over 3 years back then to find one! On saying that, you do have better weather in your country/no salt on the roads so might be there are a lot more have survived the rust than over here. Even seeing a pre facelift in this country now is rare! Been over 2 years since I saw one here!

Rust is indeed not the problem over here, so I think I have to sand it, put a lot of putty on the hood and do my best to make it flat again, then put some (black) wrapping on it.

Same story for the roof, let it spray is an option I consider later because it's expensive if you want to do it good.

On the other hand, I bought the car really cheap (800 Euro) because of the hail damage, so a little invest to make it good is to consider, the car is like new on the inside etc.

• Like 2