Pavao

Hi folks, i have MA9 (d15z3 1.5 vtec-e 95') i am looking to sawp it with transmission to something with more power, what would be the easy swap with litle work 

Have you considered just a gearbox swap? The d15z3 comes with a very long geared box for economy (3.7 final drive) swapping to one with a 4.437 short gear will help acceleration loads but the tradeoff is higher revs cruising on the motorway. You could stick a d16z6 in but without a short box it probably wont feel much quicker.

otherwise it’s whatever you want realy b or k swap 

Looking for cheapest alternative... Engine is drinking oil and transmission has weird sound it does have 450000km on it so i think it is time for new one, d16z6 was my first option and i think im gonna stick with it, i just dont know if transmission from 1.4 would fit without much changes... I found one for cheap

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, Pavao said:

Looking for cheapest alternative... Engine is drinking oil and transmission has weird sound it does have 450000km on it so i think it is time for new one, d16z6 was my first option and i think im gonna stick with it, i just dont know if transmission from 1.4 would fit without much changes... I found one for cheap

All the manual d- series boxes are interchangable. The slave cylinder and starters can vary depending which model it came out of. I’ve got a gearbox out an ek civic in mine