Jabs

After getting bitten by the Honda bug and owning 4 hatches of various generations, I went away from Hondas for a few years but found myself constantly looking for another one. Managed to get my hands on this VTi Aerodeck, had just 77k on it when I bought it and was too good to miss 

4A1CD519-9B89-4F1E-A0F2-4BBE323C9B6E.jpeg

• Like 2

The picture above was the day I picked her up, couldn’t quite believe I’d managed to find one with such low genuine miles and a crazy amount of history and paperwork. I started off by refreshing the front end with all new upper control arms, inner and outer tie rods. I then managed to find a set of mgzs shocks on eibach springs for an absolute steal and got these fitted as well. I’m still on the hunt for some vti-s bits, mainly a rear lip so if anyone has one knocking about please let me know… anyway a few more recents pics after spending an entire weekend trying to refreshen up the paint 

BBC34876-7FB7-471D-A5B5-0794242A250F.jpeg

F271B12D-7260-4946-A157-C9EB253F85B5.jpeg

DAF40980-78A8-4CCE-8AE4-F3D945D46995.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Nice car that

Thanks mate, I had a read through your build up! Yours is really nice, I’m wanting to go turbo route with this eventually once I’ve freshened up the underneath a bit more 

2 hours ago, Jabs said:

Thanks mate, I had a read through your build up! Yours is really nice, I’m wanting to go turbo route with this eventually once I’ve freshened up the underneath a bit more 

Thanks. Turbo is good fun, get it done!!!

Looks like a real tidy base you've got there.

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Thanks. Turbo is good fun, get it done!!!

Looks like a real tidy base you've got there.

It’s very clean for the age! Couple of very small patches of rust on the front chassis members but it’s booked in to be repaired end of the month! Yeah had a few mates with turbo Hondas think it’s the way to go tbh! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club mate. Thats a really clean Vti Aerodeck you've found, really hard to find them with low miles like that and in nice condition. Looking forward to seeing how you go with this, turbo sounds fun!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Nice find - good to see that there's still VTIs knocking about for sale in good nick. Looking really smart.  Sits nice on the shocks and springs. 

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Welcome to the club mate. Thats a really clean Vti Aerodeck you've found, really hard to find them with low miles like that and in nice condition. Looking forward to seeing how you go with this, turbo sounds fun!

Thanks lads, it’s certainly held up better than my old EK4, arches on that were absolutely shot ! Pretty happy with how it sits and rides on the spring/shock combo but will definitely look to upgrade to coilovers in the future!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So one of the most annoying issues I had when I picked up my deck was that the Rev gauge would work intermittently. Very occasionally it would spring into life and work fine but most of the time it would just jump around all over the place and occasionally it went all the way round and stuck there for a while. The first thing I did when I got the car was inspect the blue sender wire on the dizzy for any damage as I read this was where the cluster picks up the signal for revs. It was completely fine, couldn’t see any damage anywhere, checked the back of the connector block nothing wrong there either and also used some contact cleaner on it for good measure but still the Rev gauge wouldn’t work. I decided to take my clocks apart and after removing the clear plastic front and having a play with the dials I realised that my rev gauge needle wouldn’t self return back to zero like all the other gauges. I decided to bite the bullet and just buy another set of clocks and I managed to pick up this set of vti-s clocks for £15!! Which I thought was insanely cheap haha anyway took the guts out of my old clocks for correct mileage and got them fitted today. The best thing of all, I finally have a Rev gauge again!!!

063B2365-29ED-455C-B321-DB51EC1F5A16.jpeg

6132FE0F-D375-4635-9843-5B39CF5FBC7B.jpeg

C8DD0C39-594A-45D7-BB7C-E2A663E23F48.jpeg

• Like 2