Jabs

Haven’t had any updates for a while but did a bit of spending on the deck this month, just service parts and a new thermostat! I did also manage to source and new dome and receiver so I’ve got remote central locking back which is so nice ! Haven’t got my lips painted yet so no update there unfortunately cry.gif1 here’s a quick pic from the other day, hope everyone is doing well!! 

7B1BB4AE-B659-4780-8EB7-68A0CA5A988B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So got all my servicing bits done last weekend, basically refreshed the entire front end now! Upper control arms, bottom ball joints, inner and outer rack rods, outer CV joints both sides! Cars feeling 10x better in the corners, also really impressed with the new brakes ! Here’s a few pics, didn’t take many though as I only had a few hours of ramp time ! 

6529F0A8-E28B-4F2D-925C-30CB3A9D2643.jpeg

3FDD9E36-99ED-4386-BA53-88DFFB0AE23A.jpeg

19B624F5-B694-412F-97FF-809923955D74.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Good stuff mate. Sounds like money well spent tightening it all up nicely.

Is that one of those places you can rent a ramp and some kit?

Yeah needed to be done mate! Looked like all the original bushes tbh! 

Unfortunately not mate no! I work for Vauxhall as a technician, I’m allowed to use my ramp on the weekend providing I’m not working, but only have access to it 8.30-12.30 so I had to be speedy haha 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jabs said:

Yeah needed to be done mate! Looked like all the original bushes tbh! 

Unfortunately not mate no! I work for Vauxhall as a technician, I’m allowed to use my ramp on the weekend providing I’m not working, but only have access to it 8.30-12.30 so I had to be speedy haha 

AHH i get you.  Nice perk of the job for sure.

I'm getting far too old and mardy for rolling around on the floor nowadays

18 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

AHH i get you.  Nice perk of the job for sure.

I'm getting far too old and mardy for rolling around on the floor nowadays

Yeah it’s decent tbh! And I feel you mate haha I don’t think I would have attempted all that on the drive tbh, would’ve taken me twice as long as well haha 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Small update on the deck, managed to source an exhaust for it from an mb6. Power flow cat back, makes a nice sound tbh, not to loud but quite raspy. Wish I had know the saloon exhaust fitted the estate sooner as I have been holding off on buying something thinking it had to be for aerodeck :| also been chasing coolant leaks after replacing my broken thermostat. Turns out my o ring was bad on the coolant connecting pipe from thermostat housing to water pump, I’ve replaced the seal today so hopefully it’s all sorted now! Here’s a few pics of the exhaust, I still need to get the end of the tip extended but I plan on doing this after I’ve got the vti-s rear lip fitted.

7CC35DFC-F936-412D-B4C8-818B52F6FAE9.jpeg.37ad3f85fd3ea4f47e1c39b99119fd03.jpeg

Also played around with a set of vti-s fan blades I managed to get hold of, not sure whether to sell on and buy something else though, what you guys reckon ? 

659B92F4-FF65-487B-9751-39F9C7B23F3F.jpeg.3cfbf4b87ae82b2119a40dcc9d3892ab.jpeg

• Like 2

Did the exhaust hanger etc line up at the rear ok? Thats a bonus if all you need to do is add length to the tailpipe! Love Powerflow systems, thats what we've got on DD. Very quiet/subtle on tickover and driving normally, but give her beans and she has a nice deep tone.

Looks nice on the fans, I'd keep em although it depends on what alloys you were thinking of buying.

• Like 2

Had an MB6 on my MC2,just put chrome down turned one on about £10.All fits fine,as do Teg type R <B> pipes.<UK>

Edited by noodels
  • Like 2