Big micks grocery getter (aerodeck)

Mickg

Well since this is for sure the place to be with its fountain of priceless knowledge, really great members and i plan on never getting rid of this super cool wagon ive decided to start one of these 

So picked up this its a 2000 d14w4 es spec auto on 125k one company car for first 3 years, two elderly owners 17 years then a younger chap just over a year.

The car came with receipts for everything and i mean everything down to windscreen wipers.

The car came to me with optional extras like speedline alloys, larger fogs. Also came with a few wee trick bits like a vtis front valance, proline coilovers and a ep3 steering wheel (which everone says dont fit but previous owner said it went straight on even the wiring just plugged straight in shrug.gif1)

So far ive done a few wee bits and bobs 

First up i purchased big daves double din console and took the plunge to cut out quite a bit behind the factory set up lol 

Tidied up the front grill with a wee paint using a satin surround and a gloss badge 

Had the timing belt and water pump replaced 

Done a couple small repairs of my own replacing a abs sensor and stripping dow the drivers door mechanism as it wsnt working. Turns out a pivot point hd sheared so drilled and tapped it to just a bolt then it stripped off 6 teeth ....... did i say i can be tight and a bit mguver lol so they were ground flat and drilled and tapped to take m3 bolts which were then dremeled down to reshape as teeth 

Fixed is fixed and if it works it aint stupid i believe the expressions are, if you hadnt guessed im a scot so can be very tight with money rlol.gif1

Current diy job is improving the grubby sagging headliner (bear in mind i said im tight and improving not fixing as that would imply i was doing a good job lol) 

So come this point if you havent fell asleep or gave up reading my drivel well done and thank you, heres some pics to make it worth while

• Like 1