Big micks grocery getter (aerodeck)

Mickg

On 9/14/2021 at 8:12 PM, KiNK43 said:

Oops I've seen it. :) Looks good. Wonder if some cars had different column. Cus someone saying integra wheel didn't fit there's recently. But it always used to be Integra and civic eg wheels that go on. Ep3 wheel normally fits ek civic. Weird.

Either way looks great. Nice car.

Right bud been looking for answers and found this from some usa forums 

low impact collisions and another for high speed collisions. Using the airbag type not matched to the car could cause your SRS system to not work properly.

ALWAYS CHECK THE LINKS AND SEARCH SO YOU DON'T RUN INTO PROBLEMS OTHERS ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCED.

The following Hondas use 33 spline:

98-02 Accord
03-07 Accord
08-10 Accord
03-07 Accord Euro R
96-00 Civic (377mm diameter)
01-05 Civic
06-10 Civic
97-01 CRV
96-00 Domani
97-00 EL
01-05 EL
01-08 Fit
09-10 Fit
99-06 HRV
00-06 Insight
97-01 Prelude
99-09 S2000
02-07 RSX
03-07 TSX

The following Hondas use 29 spline:

90-93 Accord (377mm diameter)
94-97 Accord
88-91 Civic
92-95 Civic
92-97 del Sol (371mm diameter)
92-95 Domani
90-93 Integra
94-01 Integra
88-91 Prelude (371mm diameter)
92-96 Prelude

So i recon if you count your splines you should be able to see if one will go on 

That said in the forum theres a chap saying his had the correct splines but his shaft was marginally to short and had the bottom section extended, his bud had the same car same spline count but correct length shaft 

I would go out check but my backbox was pretty corroded and decided to part ways with the rest of the system lol so its in my local waiting on a box being delivered but correct me if im wrong the ep3 wheels were red stiched and s2k were black stiched but airbags are 100% interchangeable......... but so are the wheels so doesnt actually help but sure mine is black stiching 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dave said:

That looks amazing mate!! Actually like the contrast of the white side trims in the rear with the black headlining, makes it look really modern and up to date! 

Going to try use up some of the leatherette and cover my gear shifter surround as its got a crack in it anyway then Got some vinyl dye coming to try stain the sun visors.

also have some vinyl wrap/fablon type stuff for a bargain £5 out bnq thats textured black leather effect to try wrap the fake wood strip in the dash (have a second hand one coming and hopefully heater faceplate controls) so it will be wood effect free.

Whatever one works best i think i wil try do the post trims and window surrounds in the rears ....... maybe lol doing the head lining altho easy for able bodied people has me proper knackerd, bruised and sore 

Need time to recharge 

Was buzzing yesterday tho, started a facebook page 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/237686051614268/?ref=share

Was taking pics with the owners consent at a local retail park of a cavalier , the lads from halfords came out nd shouted "should be taking pics of the aerodeck, they are much cooler" even had a fella pull up next to me saying how clean the car looked and you never see these anymore.  amazing how back in the day they were mostly overlooked but today keep getting coments on how cool they are nowadays welcometocivic5smile:civic5rocks3:

• Like 3

Joined your page! yeah, funny thing is the Aerodeck back when new was actually a really great car. Honda brought it out to compete with the BMW 3 series tourer as they wanted to try and enter that market (small premium estate).

The fact that they are so rare on the roads today has most people thinking either "What's that?" or "I remember those"! I didn't think the decks would reach classic car status (or rather modern classic status) but I can see it coming now. Folk love to see these mint aerodecks so keep her looking good!

• Like 1

Yes that's definitely true. 

I've had a fair few mb and MC over the years. And Always considered the ugly duckling in the honda scene by others.

But nowdays i get so many nice comments about my mb when I take it out. And a fair few "wtf is in that thing?" Comments aswell lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickg said:

Right bud been looking for answers and found this from some usa forums 

low impact collisions and another for high speed collisions. Using the airbag type not matched to the car could cause your SRS system to not work properly.

ALWAYS CHECK THE LINKS AND SEARCH SO YOU DON'T RUN INTO PROBLEMS OTHERS ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCED.

The following Hondas use 33 spline:

98-02 Accord
03-07 Accord
08-10 Accord
03-07 Accord Euro R
96-00 Civic (377mm diameter)
01-05 Civic
06-10 Civic
97-01 CRV
96-00 Domani
97-00 EL
01-05 EL
01-08 Fit
09-10 Fit
99-06 HRV
00-06 Insight
97-01 Prelude
99-09 S2000
02-07 RSX
03-07 TSX

The following Hondas use 29 spline:

90-93 Accord (377mm diameter)
94-97 Accord
88-91 Civic
92-95 Civic
92-97 del Sol (371mm diameter)
92-95 Domani
90-93 Integra
94-01 Integra
88-91 Prelude (371mm diameter)
92-96 Prelude

So i recon if you count your splines you should be able to see if one will go on 

That said in the forum theres a chap saying his had the correct splines but his shaft was marginally to short and had the bottom section extended, his bud had the same car same spline count but correct length shaft 

I would go out check but my backbox was pretty corroded and decided to part ways with the rest of the system lol so its in my local waiting on a box being delivered but correct me if im wrong the ep3 wheels were red stiched and s2k were black stiched but airbags are 100% interchangeable......... but so are the wheels so doesnt actually help but sure mine is black stiching 

That's interesting. Often think these cars are just made from whatever leftovers were lying around.

1 minute ago, KiNK43 said:

That's interesting. Often think these cars are just made from whatever leftovers were lying around.

For sure i think the were very much a parts bin car from lots of different model civics , not that thats a bad thing at all 

Edited by Mickg