Big micks grocery getter (aerodeck)

Mickg

Durring the evenings ive been working on this , going to be a custom sub and amp enclosure (picked up an all in one fly combo that i stripped down for the internals weirdly enough was also only £30)

The black fabric tape is just there to hold it all together whilst the titebond wood glue sets (its made from mdf) the origional cover still fits over) there will be a hole in the origional cover so the sub will stick out but not further than say the wheel arch at most so i dont loose usable load space.

Still got loads to do on it but its a as and when i get a free night to do some work on it 

20210926_001234.jpg

20210926_001228.jpg

• Like 2

Question for you active forum users ........ would you consider it too off the wall or a slight touch of genuis to wrap the black surround of my grill with leather effect vinyl wrap to match the interior shrug.gif1

Sick of it chipping and have this wrap laying around 

• Like 1

Haha like a baby bonnet bra..

Could give it a go, great thing about wrap, ya can take it off if you don't like it.

I remember having similar frustrations many moons go with paint chipping. And found plastidip held up better than paint as it's rubberised.

• Like 2

Found after a shed ton of digging a cheap source of replacement larger oem style size fitment ect of the larger front fog lamps , one of mine was rusted and leaking in water so these should freshen up the front end 

20211002_100635.jpg

20211002_101247.jpg

Only thing they dont come with is a rubber outer sleve the civic uses but if your retro fitting to your space you wont need it as you could cut your surround to the correct outside diameter 

Bottom pic is civic rubber surround on new fog lamp 

20211002_101415.jpg

20211002_101411.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Mercedes-Benz-W164-97-05-Clear-Lens-Pair-Bumper-Fog-Light-Replacement-/253609629396?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Civic used them as a aftermarket accessory, same for nissan skyline r34 gtrs lol but luckily for us these were std fit on mercs. Ever more luckily for me the americans love these merc suv's so have made readily available aftermarket copies. Only difference i can forsee is going to be changing of the electrical plug and should be good to go 

Edited by Mickg
  • Like 2