Big micks grocery getter (aerodeck)

Mickg

On 10/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, KiNK43 said:

Quite like that sub box. Nice idea.

No rattles or anything?

No no rattles at all , realy surprising as its worked out realy well i didnt think it would be still as punchy. can feel it through your seat way up front. Then when outside of the car its not asbo seeking at all  ecstatic.gif1

Also better than that the leak for now is fixed , drove for an hour in torrential rain then again today and (touchwood) its bone dry applause.gif1

Another wee job done and removed the oldman spec trim for some more leather effect 

20211025_093138.jpg

20211025_093122.jpg

Edited by Mickg
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, dr_broon said:

Love the look of the pleather. Makes a real difference to the look of the interior. 

Glad you seem to have sorted the leak 8-)

Yeah fingers crossed, touch wood and all all that stiff thats that not coming back anytime soon. Now at the point where i would feel comfortable saying im a master at stripping the rear trim out :roll:

• Like 1

No real update but i managed to find another piece of the puzzle and i beleive is now almost on par with rocking horse poop lol 

The paint job is shocking lots of flaking  but even more shocking was when these were not in demand and vti-s were being stripped someone bought this and used a grinder to make it suit a twin tail system. Even worse tho the grinder must have had a big blade as it had went right threw.

So a big missing bit underneath and the top big cuts litteraly screwed together with a bit that was cut out from underside and a load of fibre glass.

Made a start in salvaging it 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Good find, even though it's been butchered! Nice one on the restoration. 

It was very intensive trying to get one , seem pretty hard to get now 

Really wish i had the know how and funds to make molds of the rear valance and rear spoier to reproduce them 

Definitely something im going yo look into over the winter even if the rear valance is done in 3 sections the side and middle and just bond it all together maybe 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mickg said:

It was very intensive trying to get one , seem pretty hard to get now 

Really wish i had the know how and funds to make molds of the rear valance and rear spoier to reproduce them 

Definitely something im going yo look into over the winter even if the rear valance is done in 3 sections the side and middle and just bond it all together maybe 

I think the whole community is waiting on someone to make molds of these parts. It could be a literal goldmine if some decides to start reproducing these.