Big micks grocery getter (aerodeck)

Mickg

I bought a full kit for the hatchback from a member here a couple years ago and the front lip ended up being a fibreglass replica, wasn't too bothered because I prefer the VTI lip and paid an alright price, but somebody must have made them one time, they just break easier! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A wee addition today as the origion was hanging on it there by hopes an  dreams lol was beautiful shiney mirror stainless .......... 10 mins its blued already 

Sounds pretty epic combined with the big mouth intake, people say you cant hear ď16 crossover but i can hear mine pretty darn loud [smitten.gif]

20211201_141735.jpg

20211201_141746.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dan1 said:

Looking good! Loving the lip on the back.

The stainless headers look awesome too - did you manage to get them fit with the oem cat?

Cheers mate , Yeah straight on no hassle 

Wee bit of maintenance, new plugs, new fuel filter, new blue ht leads 

Forgot a piccy but the front black rusty brackets are now matching blue of battery tie down and strut brace , started replacing every bolt that i remove with a new stainless replacement.

Finally getting back to attemping finishing daves mod, since the ashtray and 12v socket is gone and heater controls are moved down you can get your finger up into heater controls and out the back of the bottom tray so strted making an insert to turn it back into a sealed cubby hole.

Plan is to keep working on it so i can reinstate the 12v socket for my heated seat cover (im old and broken so need small comforts like that lol) and make a small shelf where my phone can slide in to a fixed charging dock. The dock will be plugged into one of the head units usb ports for android auto but without trailing wires ......... i hate trailing wires.

Trying to find a set of doorcards the same as what i currently have (dont have fabric on them its like a fake leatherish hard plastic affair in black) and im going to mold some cup holders in to the door pockets. Should say try and do that, thats why im not going to hack up my origionals dummyspit.gif1

On another note i think i got a bargain £100 for both side complete suspension set up including calipers all complete could basically just bolted on as bushes in better nick than mines but plan is strip, clean up, refurb with poly bushes and new bearings ect then have em swapped over.

Best bit was when i was collecting the fella had a titan silver bonnet and front bumper that was being binned (all complete with trims washers ect as he put a rover front end on a good deck and had another that was for parts so was gutted i missed out on the wings as someone else nabbed them)   Safe to say i went back as the fella said i could have em free of charge 

Was pretty gutted as he was telling me he other deck he used for some parts was scrapped with full interior and all its glass and lights ect ........ i almost shed a tear as i would have paid him to strip it and took everything i could over multiple trips 

But will just need to keep an eye open as you never know what will pop up ....... me and the fella are now friends [smitten.gif]

He breaks rovers so when he gets 400s 45s and zs's in i will scavange what i can 

Edited by Mickg
  • Like 1

Next job on the list when i finish the list im currently working on lol is i have a large sheet of aluminium and some aluminium angle to make an airbox to go around the cone filter using the factory feed pipes and make another feed. Theres a flap above the aircon condensor thats two wee clips to remove and gives a perfect additional cold feed location, keep thoes temps down but the noise up.

Really need to get that rocker cover of for a refurb (done my crv b20 a while back in wrinkle red and it came out fantastic) but with a run of super bad luck the last year or so has me convinced one (at least) of the bots/studs will shear and ut will leak after lol , really wants doing in black wrinkle then shave and polish the lettering. Maybe get over the fear and get it done.

Edited by Mickg
  • Like 1

Weathers pants and wifes working so cant disappear into my shed for hours , so nipped out for 20 mins and got a wee trial template made up , still to be tweaked here and there but you get th gist ........ yes another job started without finishing the others rlol.gif1

20211204_114026.jpg

• Like 1