1.5 vtec-e eco light not working

Tommy123

Question

Hi guys recently acquired a 1.5 vtec e aerodeck off an old lady who owned it for nearly all its life, when I picked up the car the eco light was working perfectly fine just like my old ek3 and previous mb 1.5, didn’t use the car for around a month whilst buying parts to replace ie poly trailing arm bushes and new rear control arms and some koni shocks and springs, along with fitting all this I gave it a full service and carried out a valve clearance (engine was a little tappy) now sounds perfect but now my eco light refuses to work. I’ve already replaced the circuit board that the eco abs & srs lights are on with no luck, the only thing I can think of is it could be the ngk leads I bought from Japan which were stated for a d15b vtec but I’ve already been told this would not affect the eco mode. 
Would anyone else have any helpful ideas on what it could be? 
many thanks Tom 

57F0719D-3A57-45E4-B12E-B44D2E0FFE49.png

1 answer to this question

Not sure really, but found this online... 

there can be many reasons for this. clogged air filter, clogged fuel filter, old spark plugs. if you do a tune-up and still the same problem, there are two things you can change, that will be the o2 sensor, which regulates how much gas and oxygen to combine for combustion, or the less likely one would be your etc or engine temperature control, which when bad for some reason also makes your car waste more gas than usual. but o2 sensor is MUCH more likely to go than etc sensor.