robali123

On 2/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, dr_broon said:

Looking good mate

I'm pleased you posted actually, because I was wanting to know what the rust paint was but couldn't remember who posted about it :lol:

Is it an aerosol you use? 

I get the brush on stuff usually, i tried a can of the same stuff in aerosol form but it didnt seem to go as far, the tinned stuff goes on really nicely on rough metal, i like the finish, reminds me of the old red oxide when it actually worked!
Heres the rust treatment paint

https://www.buzzweld.co.uk/rust-encapsulator.html

and the gloss black is https://www.buzzweld.co.uk/classic-chassis-black-gloss-oem-mid-gloss-sheen-series.html

Neither are the cheapest products out there but they definitely are made to work! I've been following the guy who runs the company for a while on social media and he really seems to care about his products, loads of testing and new versions coming out.

• Like 2

Have seen them weeping on the side facing the road (so underside) but also a lot of muck and salt etc can sit on top of the tank unseen. By the time you spot it there (usually by the fumes) its usually rotted through. Not sure if our cars would get away with a plastic one if we could find one similar?

• Thanks 1

Ahh I may have to do some investigating then. There's a bit of a smell in the wheel arch on the filler side, I thought I'd ruled out a leak as I couldn't see anything but could be up top..the ever growing to do list!

Lights detangod, greyed out and freshly clear coated after some sanding ready to go back on.

I'm at the early stages of deciding on what to do with the engine. Originally I wanted to k or even just b swap it but I'm starting to think turbo-ing the d15 in there might be a decent budget plan.more research needed.

IMG_20220218_082903.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dave said:

Have seen them weeping on the side facing the road (so underside) but also a lot of muck and salt etc can sit on top of the tank unseen. By the time you spot it there (usually by the fumes) its usually rotted through. Not sure if our cars would get away with a plastic one if we could find one similar?

Yeah, on top, and in the seam hallway up.. Where nasty stuff hides. 

Like Dave says, it's always the fumes first

• Like 1