Rapidly disappearing MBs

YRegMB

I had a look at MBs on Auto Trader earlier today as I often do.

There are currently only three advertised on there for sale in the entire UK. That was using the search criteria "Honda Civic, Years 1995 to 2000".

With how many were around a few years ago, this suggests they are rapidly disappearing. I don't think I see as many on the road around London now as I did even 2 or 3 years ago.

• Sad 1

Yeah it's true. Very few about nowadays. 

I often look to gauge prices etc. 

Ek's are almost non existent aswell.

Suppose they mostly suffer from rust etc unless people are trying to preserve them.

• Like 1

Looking on howmanyleft, across the different descriptions for the m vti, there's the below numbers taxed as of June last year

1.8 VTi = 57

Civic VTiS = 94

aerodeck VTiS = 10

So 161 VTi models left kicking about. Not sure where the normal aerodeck vti is included in that though. The only other aerodeck listed is the SE. 

probably the ones that haven't succumbed to rust or engine donor are with folk who are keeping a hold of them now. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Looking every few days since early 2019, I have only seen a handful of Y Reg hatchbacks or Aerodecks ever advertised.

By coincidence I passed a small independent used car seller just outside London today. This is the type of place with around 10-15 cars stored outside with a small workshop at one side of the yard. Being a Sunday it was closed.

I noticed that there was a blue R Reg hatchback in there visible through the fence. From looking up the Reg it has apparently done only 15,000 miles from new. They didn't have any kind of price displayed on it and the place doesn't appear to have any internet presence.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

I honestly don't think that's a true reflection. The models are all mixed up on that site, And has been said before vti and vtis were often registered incorrectly

Aye, it is all messed up - that's why I thought I'd lump all the vti ones together... Might be somewhere near right. 

Deffo not right that there's more vtis than vti. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 8:55 PM, KiNK43 said:

It's got my wheels on it. Does that mean mines worth 18k??

nah.......................that means yours is worth 24K! lol

• Like 2