MB6 Civic emissions (Euro 2 vs. Euro 3)

MBFinlay

What emission "class" does the Mb6 belong to? i have 1997 model. I'm looking to buy a new universal catalytic converter. I need to know which kind is enough to pass the emissions. Some converters are for pre-obd-II etc. I'm not even sure if Mb6 is technically obd-II? Also do you guys in UK use Euro 2, Euro 3, Euro 4 etc. class for emissions? My MB6 is a 97 so idk if its euro 2 or euro 3? Does any catalytic converter with o2 sensor fitment suffice?

Mb6 has a single O2 sensor. Pre cat and it's in the manifold.

As for the answer to your question I do t know. However aftermarket cats are available I baught one last year for aerodeck to pass MOT

12 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Mb6 has a single O2 sensor. Pre cat and it's in the manifold.

As for the answer to your question I do t know. However aftermarket cats are available I baught one last year for aerodeck to pass MOT

Do you have stock manifold anymore? I don't. I bought the car with aftermarket exhaust system including the manifold (dc sports 4-1) so i've always used aftermarket catalytic converter and the O2 sensor is in the converter. The converter naturally after the manifold under the car because of aftermarket parts. But i always thought the EK civics had the catalytic converter mated with the manifold up-front and MB civics had it more traditionally positioned under the car after manifold? I wonder if it affects emissions when it's all situated in different place... Does any basic cheap aftermarket/universal catalytic converter work for you guys? Any problems at MOT?