Kinks Toyota Alphard.

KiNK43

Don't know what's happening to me but I'm quickly changing teams and have a new love for Toyota. Hilux surf joined the family last year and now have recently got an Alphard as a daily.

I absolutely love it. However seems to have mixed opinions amongst my friends, obviously some of them don't get the JDM life.

Gonna be a small project this one. Fixing niggles. And some maintenance. Few upgrades and some nice wheels at some point soon.

Start with some pics of the beast. 

PXL_20220215_163747989.jpg

PXL_20220124_171724732.jpg

PXL_20220124_171812082.jpg

PXL_20220124_171853978.jpg

PXL_20220122_221359803.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 4

getting a nice wee collection there mate! One of these going round my area in the borders, see it quite a lot. Looks immaculate too. Have these got a 6 cylinder in them?

43 minutes ago, Dave said:

getting a nice wee collection there mate! One of these going round my area in the borders, see it quite a lot. Looks immaculate too. Have these got a 6 cylinder in them?

There are quite a few setups you can have. There are both 3l and 3.5l V6. 2.4l hybrids which are 4wd electric back end on them.

And this one which is the basic 2.4l. boring I know. But as a daily I wanted something with the least to go wrong. Already found out parts are incredibly expensive. 

Lovely drive Tho. Very quiet and relaxed.

• Like 1

So far fiddled with a few bits just to bring it upto date.

Fitted cruise control which was incredibly simple, couldn't believe it worked tbh.

PXL_20220129_135614901.thumb.jpg.0653db200a21606f8be9d09b87f22e38.jpg

I've switch the japanese headunit out for an Android unit. Cost a fair whack but has 6gb ram and a lovely OLED screen. Very impressed with it. Managed to get reverse camera and steering controls etc All functioning like like they should.

Wireless Android auto aswell which is nice. Also fitted a usb port on the dash for wired connections.

PXL_20220211_175002823.jpg.9812ed3db64cfc5fe4df751040a6cdb2.jpgPXL_20220211_203834008.jpg.e240e766b1510064e867c3d5ff24da7b.jpg

• Like 2

That looks sweet as mate, really suits that head unit. Can't believe you managed to retrofit Cruise control, that's amazing! The one thing I wish DD and Poppy both had. Which android unit did you go for, is that the Atoto or the Xtrons? Oh, and was it a "true" double Din size as most of those ones aren't lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

It's neither of those @Dave I can't remember the brand, EKIY maybe.

It's far from double din unfortunately. Screen is 9" across. And kinda tapered at the sides.

Ahh, thought it may have had the big screen but either a DD (no, not that DD lol) or a single din slotting into the dash. Would love an android in DD (and the MINI for that matter) but just wish Pioneer would do an Android single din  with the motorized DD screen. Know they do their own one but not a fan of the operating platform. Have looked at the Chinese ones (and had a few delivered that were either didn't work or were in bits lol) but love the sound of the Pioneers, always have. Got them in both DD and the MINI at the moment.

Yeah the motorized chinese single dins. Just seen so tacky unfortunately.

It'd be my idea solution for the civic as could run S dash on it etc connected to go data. But like you would want a branded one .