Vti S side skirts (sills ?) install

Rainy

Question

9 answers to this question

Have removed and re-installed vti-s side skirts on a vti-s but I dont know if the MB vti (if thats what you are installing onto ?) already has some of the fixings or mounting points.

Have you got any clips and screws with your vtis skirts ?

Should have 6 plastic button screws on the underside of the skirt. These button clips go into holes in the underside of the steel sills.

Do you have those holes in the sill ?

The vti-s skirts should also have a number (maybe 6 from memory?) of white plastic push-in clips that are mounted on the inside (centre) of the skirt. These clips push into holes in the side of the steel sills.

Do you already have those holes ?

If you dont have any of the above holes, you will have to drill holes of the correct size to fit the various clips.

If you dont have any of the clips, there are copies of the genuine Honda clips on Ebay (I have used them). But if you dont have any of the clips, you will not know what to look for as often Ebay sellers dont have honda part number references. 

If that is the case, check out the genuine parts catalogue on parts-honda.uk. This has parts diagrams, part numbers and prices for British and euro (and others) versions.

Check the vti-s version (sometimes listed as vti in their catalogue) of your car and see what the honda part numbers are for the clips.

Either order them from honda dealer or the the parts-honda.uk website (they are about the same price- sometimes dealer is cheaper). Or use the Honda part number as a reference when searching Ebay, you might get some results.

Anyway, once you have sorted all that out, the installation is quite easy. Ask again if you get that far.

Best of luck !

• Like 2

Uh, lot of research coming up for me :grin: 

Thanks for the guide ,I  will remove them sills and check for holes, side skirts i have dont have holes in them nor they have any sort of plastic clips, mounting etc.

Are you installing aftermarket side skirts?

Any honda ones, black plastic covers or vtis skirts. will have the same honda fixings behind. 

If installing aftermarket. You will need to improvise. Screw or bolt. Maybe even use some tiger seal?

Honestly i got them from Poland some time ago and it looks like some "custom plastic casting" ones without any fittings or holes, I will update with pics when I get to that :grin:

Ok so I removed one side (pleasantly suprised that I havent found any trace of rust :grin: ) , and this is what it all lookes like. No fittings , anything   just something that looks like preparation for holes mentioned ? 

Martin I checked honda.uk catalogue and cant find anywhere fittings mentioned , only oem side skirts which of course are nonexistent anywhere :grin: