1 hour ago, Craigblight86 said:

looking very nice. anymore plans

B18 swap is long time goals. Getting handling set up at the moment, bought near enough every brace and bar possible ready to fit along with new bushes and other bits underneath.

Wouldn’t mind having the rust scabs and little dents sorted out too eventually but want to get most things bolted on and dialled first. 
Also got the jdm front fogs to recondition and fit, think that’ll set the front end of the car off quite nicely. 
Had a look at different spoilers too so might pick something different up soon too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craigblight86 said:

looking very nice. anymore plans

Forgot to mention I’ll be dyeing the carpets and roof lining black when I can, not a fan of the grandad spec beige it came with haha

• Haha 1

Looking good bud, you should be able to pick up a black carpet either new or 2nd hand from either another Civic Mb or a Rover MGZS/45/400.Might save you time and work rather than trying to dye the carpet.:cool:

20 minutes ago, Dave said:

Looking good bud, you should be able to pick up a black carpet either new or 2nd hand from either another Civic Mb or a Rover MGZS/45/400.Might save you time and work rather than trying to dye the carpet.:cool:

Id thought the same but they’re few and far between, and people seem to do the whole “I know what I’ve got” thing, for a f**king carpet nonetheless… 

Plus I’ve got the roof lining to do too, previous experience puts me off taking it completely off and fitting a new one haha.

Front near side brake caliper wants looking at too, sticking a bit. Bought a couple slider refresh sets, new backing plates and EBC green stuff front pads. Was a bit unsure which size rotor fit, as the different sizes are 232 and 260 I think. Fronts are 260 and after reading and looking at what euro car parts sells I went with 260 for the rear.

Gonna be a busy couple days fitting everything I’ve bought recently

Lca’s

Lower tie brace 

Beaks bar

Adjustable camber arms

Adjustable front camber forks/plates

Rear brakes

Front pads 

New brake fluid

Oil change

Front fog light refresh and fit

New shifter

CV boots

Fun couple days at least!

New shifter is real nice too, not really seen them like this mostly the usual k-tuned replicas. This one is adjustable from inside the car, has more locking screws as the other reps vibrate the screws out, is miles thicker feels a lot more sturdy, doesn’t use that stupid plastic ball with the accordion style washer around it it’s all a sealed unit, and has an aluminium plate that the shifter arm/bar mounts too making it a lot more sturdy. From memory though the bottom plate might not fit….can always ‘make it fit’ though if need be. 

After all that’s done I wouldn’t mind a thicker rear anti roll bar before I get the alignment dialled. 

Also wouldn’t mind a new back pipe making up with the backbox I have welded to it, spoon N1 type. And maybe fit the decat I have for it, but the exhaust shop can do that. Don’t want it louder than 100db, had a lot of fun at Cadwell and want to keep going back, most days are set to 100db maximum so don’t want to surpass that. MOT’s don’t matter too much, have a friendly one, so running the decat and not worrying about changing it out every year for a day is also a bonus

And that would be about it until I can find a half decent b18 swap! 

Oh, and I need to wire the armrest controls for the passenger front window too, the connectors are both different sizes but I’m not the worst with wiring so that shouldn’t be an issue. Also want the front fogs on a separate button on the dash somewhere, might find an mb6 fog switch when I can too. 

Annnnnd get a different spoiler for the boot, do like the OG one but want something just a little bigger. Seen the MG extreme ones but really not keen on them, Maxton Designs do a nice one but the waiting time puts me off, maybe order one next month. 

And that IS about it. For now anyway 

• Like 1

Just a couple of things to do then! lol😆 That sounds like a good bit of work planned, should be nice when done. Yeah the window switches are a bit different for some reason, not sure why. The twin fog light switch I think I still have in stock from when we had the Civic5 parts shop. Will need to check as not sure where all the stuff is since we moved house, it's in the garage somewhere! lol You'd need to get the plug/wiring harness for it though as it's different to the non-fog cars. Came a as a kit from Honda to the dealership, with a small wiring harness for in the dash that replaced the one you have. The one in the dash goes from the switch to the fuse box, and there's also a relay. Then there's a plug on the drivers side inner wing for the harness from the fogs to plug into.