skunk 2 inlet manifold info.

weetec

i was speaking to the guys at unit 8 performance in darwen 01254 702 888 this week about fitting the skunk manifold and having a re-map,with the existing mods i have to my mb6...4-2-1 manifold,de-cat,custom 2 1/4 exhaust, k&n panel filter.

the truth is from their experience,the gains realistically from the above mods in terms of actual BHP is approximately 5-10. after mapping the car with the above mods. dissapointing when you consider the following costs;

1.re-map using hondata kit ie they supply and fit the lot for around £850+vat

2.p28 socketed and chipped ECU around £70-£100. other hardware/software such as chrome required by the person who maps this type of ECU. i have had quotes of approximately £65hour labour to configure this set up, 2 to 3 hours at least. one person quoted me £250 all in with your own socketed ECU> yasir in leicester 07814882687.

3. the cost of a skunk intake new from funky power £288.00 delivered or used £rockin horse $hi7...

4.itr throttle cable and other accessories needed to run intake.£....about 80

5.hondata heat shield gasket around £50

sure as hell it is dam expensive....well guys i dont know it all but just posting some research up with regards to this as i was going down this road.....not any more. if you want an intense v-tec crossover point with real power gains then skunk 2 is the way with the above and cams. personally i have raced a few integra type-r's and the difference is half a car length on launch with my standard throttle body and a Y21 gear box soon to be S80. i hope this irons out a few questions.

thats why it cost alot of money to get power out the N/A way.

yep getting power n/a is going to eat money but hey thats modding for you :D:mrgreen: n/a yerrrrr

i would put a set of cams in there before mapping the car.

thats the next plan, just waiting for my tax-return, by the way that picture of your car looks awesome. 8-)

Archived