dan1

Hi guys,

I guess just abit of a safety announcement? I've currently got a spare seat and noticed the below crack on its drivers seat base! (right next to the mounting bolt hole)

Obviously I don't know if the seats were abused previously but thought i'd flag it up incase it was age/fatigue related:

20221022_172751a.thumb.jpg.8932d59525e91b629aa16c150cf7c917.jpg

Note: It didnt affect my plans for this though :-D:

(apparently its not allowed in the house and must stay in the garage haha)

20221017_172357.thumb.jpg.40a8071c95b012057d97bb4739bfd72a.jpg

Edited by dan1
words
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

Nice conversion! I wanted to do this with one of my spare seats (but also wouldn't be allowed if in the house :lol:)

How did the fix the base to the seat? 

:lol: I used abit of ply and some 'L' brackets.

Have to remove the seat runners then bolted the L brackets to the mounting holes (where the torx bolt is in the top photo)

Used this seatbase from ikea also: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/oerfjaell-chair-frame-swivel-black-70450909/

Theres probably a better way of doing it tbh, its quite high even with the chair being at the lowest setting!

20220804_212002.jpg.2774a6dc94e2ba0c903c3cd2c9033842.jpg

• Like 1

haha, thats cool as! I did this years ago with the seat from a Civic MB1 SR, was comfy as hell! Mind you, that MB1 seat would probably be worth something now, was in mint condition too. Can't remember if I ever took photos of it or where it ended up!

Interesting about the metal fatigue though, one to watch out for. Seat may also have been in a crashed civic? Hard to tell really but best to check ours to be on the safe said. Ta for the heads up mate and totally rocking that chair! (hehehe, see what I did just there!):-D

• Like 2