Ecu Fried?

Darius

Question

Hey, i recently tried to do a diy pop tune. Which should have worked by cutting the ignition by pressing a switch on a relay that i installed. It was connected to a cable in the engine bay which controlled the power for the ignition. I think i somehow ended up sending that signal to the wrong wire. Does anyone know if i fried my ecu or what else it could be? 

I have looked and the cable does not get any power now when turning on the ignition as usual.
Current fix.... Ignition gets constant power via a switch, but i still wanna know how i can get a good fix soon :)

Thanks in hindsight

5 answers to this question

Not sure mate as not sure what wire you tapped into/ changed the feed too? Did any fuses pop (both in the interior fuse box and the one in the engine bay)? Did you here anything pop/get any burning/smoke?

Just now, Dave said:

Not sure mate as not sure what wire you tapped into/ changed the feed too? Did any fuses pop (both in the interior fuse box and the one in the engine bay)? Did you here anything pop/get any burning/smoke?

Beat me too it @Dave :)

• Haha 1

I took a picture of where i cut it. Its currently connected with a plus cable... its the yellow and black wire. It gets power until that point or thats atleast what it looks like with the electrical reader.20230325_175455.thumb.jpg.b04a3b740e11b6762fb9c149165a4da8.jpg