MBFinlay

So how many lambda/02 sensors does the MB6 Civic originally have? My car had aftermarket exhaust system since i got it, so i have no idea what's the most ideal/original position of lambda/02 sensor. And also does it originally come with 1 or 2 sensors? If 2 then where does the other one go to? I've never had OEM cat so where does to 02 sensor go to? I know that there is supposed to be at least 1 sensore before the cat or at the cat...

Does the OEM header/exhaust manifold have o2 connection or was it directly on the cat itself? I have aftermarket header with plugged o2 connection and the lambda is currently connected directly to aftermarket cat since it already had a connection to it. But is the best place for the sensor at the end of the header pipe before the cat starts? I'm asking all of this because i have constant issues with high emissions. I'm trying to rule out things.

ECU could cause all sorts of readings depending on the set up... Right now i'm going to replace the rusted header if that helps. If the header leaks somewhere, it could lead to surprisingly big emission issues. ECU for instance could assume that the engine is running too lean, and compensate it with more fuel so that it runs rich... Has anyone changed thermostat, coolant/radiator cap, coolant temperature sensor?

Many people here have issues with emissions on B18c4. So did any of those things fix the issue for someone? Or does the car need a OEM cat? ECU issue regarding non-OEM parts used? These cars doesn't seem to like some of the aftermarket parts if i'm not wrong...

Yes as above. I used a aftermarket cat on an old aerodeck I had to get through an MOT.  It worked just fine. I dont think the life expectancy is very good however. Will likely fail again quickly.

As far as aftermarket parts go. Generally I don't know of an issue. 

But I would 100 percent use only NGK/NTK lambda sensor. Cheap lambda is not a good idea.

4 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Yes as above. I used a aftermarket cat on an old aerodeck I had to get through an MOT.  It worked just fine. I dont think the life expectancy is very good however. Will likely fail again quickly.

As far as aftermarket parts go. Generally I don't know of an issue. 

But I would 100 percent use only NGK/NTK lambda sensor. Cheap lambda is not a good idea.

Does it make any difference if the lambda is connected to manifold pipe or aftermarket cat? Any weird experiences like that for anyone?

I've had ngk from jap service parts before, not too bad on price. 

I guess the important part will be before or after the cat - the readings will probably be different there seeing as some cars have one either side. 

I've got a sports cat and it's just passed the mot fine, but usually it really struggles.