heh heh..

aye, it's just a bit of cardy-carpety stuff that just sits under the glove box in the passenger foot well... tbh doesn't make much difference apart from the fan's a bit quieter :lol:

right.. engine bay.

this morning:

20101105_0011.jpg

then, one steam clean (and some kind of chemical treatment) later:

20101105_002.jpg

this cleaned loads of crud off various places... gearbox and intake mani seem to have came up the best, but it left a load of residue all over the place... so some scrubbing and cleaning later...

.. and a couple of hours under the bonnet with my old friends autosol, silicon spray and sponge scourers:

20101105_003.jpg

pretty pleased with the results.. especially sprucing up the hoses with silicon spray (onto a rag and the wiped on)... saved getting some new ones - have to see how long it lasts.

1"£££$££"!!

FINALLY got round to getting that goddamn arb fitted - thing's been burning a hole in my shed for months..

.. and what a difference it makes! even just driving miss daisy speeds you csn feel the front end feels so much more direct. I wasn't expecting such a difference.

also, picked up my spoon resevoir covers from the post office today.

AND one last visit to that rover 45. needed a bulb holder for the light wash button to finish the red effect switches, so that's done - still waiting for more red leds for the controls and dash.

also finally booked in to get my spacers fitted to lift my nose up a bit, so wanted to get a new arch liner to replace the shredded one on the passenger side, but the one on the 45 seemed different. anyway, noticed that there was soundproofing for the driver side too (your mate was right scott) so had that too.

a good day all in all

1"£££$££"!!