Aye, it's me own fault though really.. Had to change the other one for my last MOT and meant to get the other one changed after, but then promptly forgot all about it :roll:

£30 for a new one from j&r isn't bad though :) just a shame that my mech is off to Paris for a long weekend tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Aye, it's me own fault though really.. Had to change the other one for my last MOT and meant to get the other one changed after, but then promptly forgot all about it :roll:

£30 for a new one from j&r isn't bad though :) just a shame that my mech is off to Paris for a long weekend tomorrow. 

Sods law that!

On my old EK a shaft snapped while my brother owned it, told him I thought he should replace both if he doing one, about two weeks later the other side went! :lol:

• Haha 1

A precarious and dangerous place to breakdown,  you've lived too tell the tale :)......you're back in business once your mechanic gets back from his jollies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I'm sure that we had a similar conversation on here when I had to change the other one :lol:

Oh well.. 

I tend to give pretty good advice based on experience :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gel said:

A precarious and dangerous place to breakdown,  you've lived too tell the tale :)......you're back in business once your mechanic gets back from his jollies.

The last time I broke down was when the clutch went on my eg. That was at rush hour on a morning as well, and in the right hand lane waiting to get onto a roundabout... Once again, some hatching stopped me causing too much of a nuisance 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, been a while since I updated this. 

Not much to report really apart from finally getting a steering wheel upgrade. 

IMG_20181124_123045.jpg

Nice momo competition wheel with a honda horn button. Feels so much better, nice and chunky in the hand (;-)) and so much more direct and accurate feel to the steering. 

I pretty much gave up on looking for a reasonably priced itr momo one with an airbag... They're going for crazy money these days. 

Happy with this though, and have sorted it the SRS error since this pic :civic5rocks3:

1 minute ago, dr_broon said:

Wow, been a while since I updated this. 

Not much to report really apart from finally getting a steering wheel upgrade. 

IMG_20181124_123045.jpg

Nice momo competition wheel with a honda horn button. Feels so much better, nice and chunky in the hand (;-)) and so much more direct and accurate feel to the steering. 

I pretty much gave up on looking for a reasonably priced itr momo one with an airbag... They're going for crazy money these days. 

Happy with this though, and have sorted it the SRS error since this pic :civic5rocks3:

Nice one mate, looks nice! Should be the 1st mods on these cars. Gotta have good feel as 100% of driving is done by that item! 

• Like 1